We are very glad to inform you that Eddie 1.0 for Android systems has been released.
Eddie Android edition is a free and open source OpenVPN 3 GUI released under GPLv3. Source code is available here: https://gitlab.com/AirVPN/EddieAndroid
- Free and open source application based on OpenVPN 3
- Only official application by AirVPN
- Robust, best effort prevention of traffic leaks outside the VPN tunnel
- Battery-conscious application
- Low RAM footprint
- Option to start and connect the application at device boot
- Option to define which apps must have traffic inside or outside the VPN tunnel through white and black list
- OpenVPN linked against mbedTLS library
- Android 5.1 or higher required
- fully localized (current available languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Turkish)
The traffic leak prevention has proved to be stronger than the one implemented in OVPN for Android. A thorough OpenVPN error detection allows Eddie to "lock" the network in case of unrecoverable disconnection (for example when communications to the VPN server get broken).
Direct link to the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.airvpn.eddie
Direct link to download Eddie Android edition from our Eddie web site: https://eddie.website/repository/eddie/android/1.0/org.airvpn.eddie.apk
A quick tutorial is available here: https://airvpn.org/topic/29660-using-airvpn-with-eddie-client-for-android/
The APK will soon be available in F-Droid repository too.
This is a starting point: development of a new version which includes stricter AirVPN integration is already ongoing and we are confident to provide you with updates in a very near future.
Kind regards and datalove