• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 candlelight53

candlelight53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

Hi, I know that you can't use network lock in conjunction with the Tor over VPN feature, but I don't want to have to choose between extra anonymity and the scare of a possible leak. Is there anyway to use the Tor over VPN feature, while also using a killswitch? I've looked around the forums here and on other sites, but I haven't found anything useful or that actually worked. So how do other people find a way to use Tor over VPN with a kill switch type fail safe? I use a mac computer along with the eddie application.

#2 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7697 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Hello!

You can use Network Lock with Tor over OpenVPN. However you can't use it with OpenVPN over Tor, because the Tor guard entry-IP can't be known before the Tor circuit is established.

Kind regards

#3 Jeremyx3

Jeremyx3

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA/Germany

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

Hi, I know that you can't use network lock in conjunction with the Tor over VPN feature, but I don't want to have to choose between extra anonymity and the scare of a possible leak. Is there anyway to use the Tor over VPN feature, while also using a killswitch? I've looked around the forums here and on other sites, but I haven't found anything useful or that actually worked. So how do other people find a way to use Tor over VPN with a kill switch type fail safe? I use a mac computer along with the eddie application.

You can get something like the GL iNet MT-300N router like I have, set it up with a VPN on the router with their firmware or the openwrt debloated that they provide. and use tor on pc. Or you could use the router with tor and then use a VPN on pc without tor and use your killswitch. I hope this would provide what you want.