We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android Edition 1.0 RC5 (VC 8) has just been released.
The application has been completely ported and rewritten in Java, Mono is no more used from this release on.
Main features (compared to RC4):
- fix of fatal ANR issues while opening or scrolling log view, settings view and applications white/black lists caused by Mono libraries
- fix of crashes and ANR issues during application initialization caused by Mono libraries
- fix of fatal segmentation faults caused by Mono libraries
- fix of other crashes caused by Mono libraries
- smaller package size (approximately 60% smaller size than RC4)
- lower RAM footprint (approximately 30% lower footprint than RC4)
- improved detection of network status changes, OpenVPN warnings and OpenVPN errors
- more responsive user interface
- new panels with stats and information about throughput and connection
- Turkish language localization
- longer battery life on equal footing (approximately +10% against RC4, +18% against OpenVPN for Android (*))
(*) comparison made with OpenVPN for Android version featuring OpenVPN 2.5 linked against OpenSSL
You can also read the changelog attached to this message.
Just like RC4, Eddie 1.0 RC5 is also packaged with x86 support, as well as ARM32 and ARM64 of course.
As usual Eddie is free and open source software released under GPLv3. Check the first post in this thread for source code URL and some more details.
You can participate to the tests by joining the testing community in the Google Play Store here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.airvpn.eddie
Alternatively, if you don't want to access (or you have no access to) the Google Play Store, the apk will soon be available for download in our web site dedicated to Eddie (link will be posted here).
Please keep testing and stress Eddie as much as you can! Any single report is important. Thanks so much to all the past and future testers!