Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.123

Suddenly after over a year of success, yesterday my iPhone 6s couldn't connect to AirVPN via OpenVPN via prepaid Boost Mobile that uses the Sprint network, due to connection timeout. I had just complained to them about hotspot use being maxed out despite lack of recent use, so a tech person was perhaps monkeying around. I don't see recent complaints about Sprint and VPN, only back in 2011. I haven't asked Boost about the block.

The only thing that worked was to create new OpenVPN configuration files here, using the Safari browser to allow successful opening directly into AirVPN, using advanced options to select some of the alternative Entry IP 3 or 4 options with UDP, for which only two "experimental" servers exist. I also checked "Resolved hosts in .ovpn file". It now connects immediately with good bandwidth despite being far away.

I tried about 20 other UDP options in the long list with no success, so indeed it looks like an IP block of both Entry IP 1 and 2.

@VectorXYZ

Hello and thank you very much for the information.

It would be nice to know why this ISP likes to block IP addresses of VPNs, although we can imagine why.

Entry-IP 3 and 4 will be added to most (if not all) servers soon, probably during April. The deployment is ongoing (almost over now) and we think to activate all of them simultaneously with IPv6 support.

Kind regards

Ill have to give the Entry 3/4 connections a try. Im assuming he was talking about the two IPv6 servers since he mentioned the 'experimental' servers? Ive never been able to connect on my Straight Talk Android (which is using Tracfone and I believe Verizon networks, it might be AT&T). It works great when Im on WiFi but the minute I leave the house and it loses my network, it will just sit there waiting for a response from the server that never comes back.

Suddenly after over a year of success, yesterday my iPhone 6s couldn't connect to AirVPN via OpenVPN via prepaid Boost Mobile that uses the Sprint network, due to connection timeout. I had just complained to them about hotspot use being maxed out despite lack of recent use, so a tech person was perhaps monkeying around. I don't see recent complaints about Sprint and VPN, only back in 2011. I haven't asked Boost about the block.

The only thing that worked was to create new OpenVPN configuration files here, using the Safari browser to allow successful opening directly into AirVPN, using advanced options to select some of the alternative Entry IP 3 or 4 options with UDP, for which only two "experimental" servers exist. I also checked "Resolved hosts in .ovpn file". It now connects immediately with good bandwidth despite being far away.

I tried about 20 other UDP options in the long list with no success, so indeed it looks like an IP block of both Entry IP 1 and 2.

Have you tried TCP 443?