Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.160.216
tranquivox69

Suggestion. Port forwarding with multiple clients

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'd gladly be), if I connect with a second client (smartphone, for instance) portforwarding stops working. This is what I've experienced at least.

Would it be possible to keep port forwarding working bound to a specific client somehow?

The reserved ports are forwarded to your internal (10.x) tunneled IP address, which you get after you connect.

If you have multiple devices, there will be a little race condition in terms of which IP should "receive" the connections

on your forwarded port. Since forwarding the same port to multiple IPs does not make sense, there is no way for

Air to know to which IP you actually want to receive your connections.

Anything beyond that would require additional logging - for example: a table of premium users, their internal IPs and

desired ports, on each server.

Usually premium users who forward ports use routers and do not use more than 1 connections, since individual devices

are behind NAT in most cases, so port forwarding on them is an additional challenge.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'd gladly be), if I connect with a second client (smartphone, for instance) portforwarding stops working. This is what I've experienced at least.

Would it be possible to keep port forwarding working bound to a specific client somehow?

Please make sure to connect each device to a different VPN server to prevent any conflict or race condition in packets forwarding.

Kind regards

Has AirVPN implemented any option to prevent multiple clients from connecting to the same server when using "Connect to a recommended server" in Eddie or when using a country/continent endpoint from the configurator page? Seems like this could be implemented at AirVPN's end without additional info/logging since AirVPN knows what servers a given account is connected to at any given time, as seen in the "Overview" page in the client area of the website.

Has AirVPN implemented any option to prevent multiple clients from connecting to the same server when using "Connect to a recommended server" in Eddie or when using a country/continent endpoint from the configurator page? Seems like this could be implemented at AirVPN's end without additional info/logging since AirVPN knows what servers a given account is connected to at any given time, as seen in the "Overview" page in the client area of the website.

We approached the problem differently. Instead of limitations you now have additional options. Please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/26209-how-to-manage-client-certificatekey-pairs/

Kind regards

We approached the problem differently. Instead of limitations you now have additional options. Please see here:

Kind regards

Thanks you for the info. I have setup a different key for each of my devices. I am unclear on how this works with port forwarding though. Can you please explain.

Kind regards

Thanks you for the info. I have setup a different key for each of my devices. I am unclear on how this works with port forwarding though. Can you please explain.

You had a mini-necro bump there so I think Staff were not replying regarding port fowarding but only regarding what you had in your post, which doesn't mention port forwarding.