11 replies to this topic

#1 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

Clicking on 'Connect to a recommended server' uses the servers on the whitelist. Is it possible to configure Eddie to connect to all servers instead without clearing the whitelist?

#2 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Please can someone assist me?

#3 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Clicking on 'Connect to a recommended server' uses the servers on the whitelist. Is it possible to configure Eddie to connect to all servers instead without clearing the whitelist?

Yes, tick "Show All" in the "Servers tab" first. When "Show all" is ticked Eddie will ignore any white and black list, so that you can have them ready to be restored with a single click.

Kind regards

#4 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Yes, tick "Show All" in the "Servers tab" first. When "Show all" is ticked Eddie will ignore any white and black list, so that you can have them ready to be restored with a single click.

Kind regards

I've tried that with version 2.12.4 and the previous 2.11.15 and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

#5 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Am I the only one that has this issue?

#6 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Ok, let me try again. Eddie is connecting to the whitelist regardless of the setting "Show All". Now I am thinking this might be a bug in the software or this is just an isolated case. I would appreciate if I had some feedback from the community here.

#7 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1324 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ok, let me try again. Eddie is connecting to the whitelist regardless of the setting "Show All". Now I am thinking this might be a bug in the software or this is just an isolated case. I would appreciate if I had some feedback from the community here.

There is no bug here if I understand correctly.  Show all shows all the servers, not just the whitelisted ones.  That doesn't control the servers to which Eddie will connect.

#8 Treiberschreiber

Treiberschreiber

:() { :|: & }; :

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

The Obligatory Step Back: Why is it you want to use all servers without clearing the pool of whitelisted servers? It sounds a bit illogical to make the software ignore your settings. :D

I can think of a workaround. Copy your AirVPN.xml, clear the whitelist, exit. Copy this version of the xml. Before you launch Eddie, paste the appropriate xml of the settings you want to use: With or without the whitelist.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#9 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

There is no bug here if I understand correctly.  Show all shows all the servers, not just the whitelisted ones.  That doesn't control the servers to which Eddie will connect.

Hi thanks for your input. Not according to Staff. If I understood them correctly toggling "Show All" should dictate which list Eddie connects to. I can categorically say this doesn't happen. If you whitelist a server Eddie will disregard "Show All" and connect to the server on the whitelist if you click on "Connect to a recommended server".

The Obligatory Step Back: Why is it you want to use all servers without clearing the pool of whitelisted servers? It sounds a bit illogical to make the software ignore your settings.  :D

I can think of a workaround. Copy your AirVPN.xml, clear the whitelist, exit. Copy this version of the xml. Before you launch Eddie, paste the appropriate xml of the settings you want to use: With or without the whitelist.

No, it's not illogical if you have a pool of servers that are at the top of list and are the only servers you connect to. You may want to toggle between lists if there are other servers you've whitelisted that aren't at the top. Eddie doesn't do this.

#10 Treiberschreiber

Treiberschreiber

:() { :|: & }; :

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

You may want to toggle between lists if there are other servers you've whitelisted

Are you writing about something like connection profiles? That's indeed an interesting feature to consider. Making it less illogical. :D

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#11 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1324 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hi thanks for your input. Not according to Staff. If I understood them correctly toggling "Show All" should dictate which list Eddie connects to. I can categorically say this doesn't happen. If you whitelist a server Eddie will disregard "Show All" and connect to the server on the whitelist if you click on "Connect to a recommended server".

>The Obligatory Step Back: Why is it you want to use all servers without clearing the pool of whitelisted servers? It sounds a bit illogical to make the software ignore your settings.  :D

I can think of a workaround. Copy your AirVPN.xml, clear the whitelist, exit. Copy this version of the xml. Before you launch Eddie, paste the appropriate xml of the settings you want to use: With or without the whitelist.

No, it's not illogical if you have a pool of servers that are at the top of list and are the only servers you connect to. You may want to toggle between lists if there are other servers you've whitelisted that aren't at the top. Eddie doesn't do this.

Sorry, you did not understand Staff correctly.

#12 techocity

techocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

You may want to toggle between lists if there are other servers you've whitelisted

Are you writing about something like connection profiles? That's indeed an interesting feature to consider. Making it less illogical.  :D

Yeah, that's the best way of putting it. Maybe the dev team could look into adding this feature on the next version  :D