Photo

IP and DNS leaks

geolocation error ipleak.net

Best Answer LZ1, 25 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hello!

Turn off location tracking in your browser and install some browser plugins such as Ublock Origin for example. Clear your cookies/browser data too. If you're using Eddie, then please turn on Network Lock for a quick fix :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cspalletta

cspalletta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

"ipleak.net is run by us, do you like it" --  from user "Staff" in https://airvpn.org/topic/9289-dns-leaks-and-how-to-fix-them 

My question is this: with or without a VPN, ipleak.net shows my geolocation as being just west of Witchita, KS, whereas in reality I live almost 2,000 km to the east, near State College, PA.  How may this error be corrected?

NB: https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ shows my true location at the same time as ipleak.net gives the results mentioned above.

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1953 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:53 PM   Best Answer

Hello!

Turn off location tracking in your browser and install some browser plugins such as Ublock Origin for example. Clear your cookies/browser data too. If you're using Eddie, then please turn on Network Lock for a quick fix :)

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 julie Hulme

julie Hulme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the info.