Photo

How to use AirVPN with Amazon Fire Stick?

amazon fire stick netflix android

Best Answer Staff, 30 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Hello!

On Amazon Fire TV Stick (1st and 2nd generation) and Fire TV Cube, as well as other Amazon devices running Android 5.1 or higher versions, you can run Eddie Android edition, which is also available on the Amazon appstore. No side load is necessary now.

Kind regards

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scrazza

scrazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

I was just wondering if it would be possible to set up AirVPN on my Amazon Fire Stick. My reason for doing this is that I wish to watch US Netflix programs and I am in the UK.

#2 routeninja

routeninja

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

I just did that. I side loaded Openvpn onto it. I used ES file explorer to upload these APKs found here: http://plai.de/android/

Once I did that, I used the config generator to make a .ovpn file, uploaded it and it works great now.

#3 TnIzP^wx*X7ikL6zo6T

TnIzP^wx*X7ikL6zo6T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Be careful with the fire stick.  Although it says your connected,  if you check your ip (sideload an app) you will find its not.  The only way to connect a fire stick is by having a VPN router.  I have tested the firestick with various VPN's and methods with the same outcome.  So double check before loading up kodi  :whistle:  

#4 Skeebo4522

Skeebo4522

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

I just did that. I side loaded Openvpn onto it. I used ES file explorer to upload these APKs found here: http://plai.de/android/

Once I did that, I used the config generator to make a .ovpn file, uploaded it and it works great now.

I side loaded the openvpn.apk to the fire stick.  I'm not following you on the config generator file creation.  I have openvpn on my laptop as well.  Perhaps I need some direction/instruction on creating the ovpn file.  I assume i will upload it via openvpn?.  All help is appreciated.

#5 yepper

yepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

Can anyone confirm TnIzP^wx*X7ikL6zo6T's post #3 that *no* VPN will work on a firestick, and moreover it's booby-trapped, saying it works, but really doesn't?

#6 yepper

yepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

^ That's funny, I've now been using OpenVPN for Android on my firestick with my AirVPN profiles for months, and my.I.P. IP detector says I'm coming out of my AirVPN exit server in the Netherlands. I don't know why you've not had success, but try what I'm using.

- -

Edit: This post was in reply to TnIzP^wx*X7ikL6zo6T's post today, which subsequently has been deleted, but which was almost a word-for-word repetition of his Post #3 above.

#7 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7792 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:30 AM   Best Answer

Hello!

On Amazon Fire TV Stick (1st and 2nd generation) and Fire TV Cube, as well as other Amazon devices running Android 5.1 or higher versions, you can run Eddie Android edition, which is also available on the Amazon appstore. No side load is necessary now.

Kind regards