Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.152.38
Sign in to follow this  
airfinder594

Airvpn issues with utorrent

I downloaded airvpn a few days ago. Frm Sunday to early Tuesday it was running perfectly with utorrent. Yesterday I ran into the issue of not being able to connect to the internet if I'm not on airvpn. Apparently its a very common problem:

https://airvpn.org/topic/14829-can-only-connect-to-the-internet-browser-through-airvpn/

I followed the second link  "how to change dns" and went to "change adapter setting" from the control panel. As instructed I changed my IPv4 properties to "obtain DNS server address automatically." This alone fixed my issue and now I'm able to connect to the internet even when Im not on airvpn.

However, when I turned on utorrent today it isnt working. Meaning nothing is uploading or downloading. Keep in mind I didn't change any other settings anywhere in my computer. I tried reversing the change above and my utorrent still wouldn't work. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling airvpn. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

At this point I'm extremely disappointed with airvpn. 2 major issues in a few days. I never had any issues when I used another vpn client.

Yesterday while waiting for advice I uninstalled airvpn, utorrent and restarted my computer again. Surprisingly after the reboot utorrent started to work perfectly like before. This morning I turned on my computer, the same problem occurred.

Thanks for the advice guys. I did what you both suggested and it seemed to have worked. However, after having so many issues with airvpn already I think I will wait to see if any of the problems resurface before letting my guard down. I will update this thread in a few days. Just curious, is this problem exclusive to airvpn? Most vpn services really don't require port forwarding for p2p provided that you have a modern p2p software. Also it seems strange that I didnt need to forward ports in order to make airvpn work when I first got it and now it wont work without it.

. Just curious, is this problem exclusive to airvpn? Most vpn services really don't require port forwarding for p2p provided that you have a modern p2p software. Also it seems strange that I didnt need to forward ports in order to make airvpn work when I first got it and now it wont work without it.

This is not an "AirVPN problem", it's how the Internet works. If you don't forward remotely ports, you can't receive incoming packets. That's trivially all (and it's very much).

You may be able to be a peer anyway with the aid of middle, centralized servers (such as servers running trackers, bootstrap servers for DHT...) but you can't of course be an original seeder.

Imagine a situation where none of the peers could receive incoming packets. p2p could simply not exist at all, even with the aid of centralized server, because no peer could respond to any request of any other peer.

Kind regards