Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.112.111

I haven't got internet connection from my real IP when I disconnect in the client. When I connect to a VPN server, everything is fine, just sometimes I have DNS errors in the browser for seconds when I'm browsing. I've been struggling with this issue about a week. I didn't change anything before the problem occured. I updated the client software now, but everything is the same. I don't know what to do. I would like to set up everything to default, but I don't know what was changed in the settings by the client. I don't want to reinstall the Windows 7, probably this would solve the problem, but if the client changed some settings, maybe it could occur again when I reinstall it.

Sometimes I use the internet without VPN, so I need to solve it. Can you help me with this?

Hello!

Which client are you using exactly? You can go into Eddies "About" page to see the version. If it's 2.10, then try the Experimental client please .

Have you tried setting DNS and IPv4 to "Obtain automatically", in your network adapter area? It could sound like this is the problem.

Lastly, it would be nice if you had some Eddie logs to provide, while a problem is occurring. Thank you.

Otherwise, you can try restarting the TUN/TAP adapter as well.

If it's a network lock issue, then try resetting Windows firewall.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

I'm using AirVPN Client for Windows 7. As I mentioned I updated the client today to 2.10.3. I tried to set the DNS and IPv4 to "Obtain automatically", but the client set back to 10.4.0.1.

I don't know where can I find log files, I only have the current log in the running client. I uninstalled the old client today and I don't know that the log files remained or not.

Thank you for your help!

Ahah, I wondered if that was the case. Well as I said, do use the Beta client, as it doesn't have that annoying bug which is likely causing your issue, that 2.10 has. Namely, that if you don't shut down Eddie through its own menus, it may not reset various settings, including DNS, to their prior form and thus it looks like you have no internet. The log is the one in the client .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

How can I download it? I can't change versions on the download page. The only version is the 2.10 which is available.

I hope this will fix the settings.

Thanks for your help!

You can check my signature guide for full instructions . Otherwise it's under other versions, on the download page.

No worries.

Looks like the problem solved itself. I will more carefull in the future and exit the client before the computer shut down.

I hope this state will remain. Thank you!

Looks like the problem solved itself. I will more carefull in the future and exit the client before the computer shut down.

I hope this state will remain. Thank you!

Haha okay suit yourself. I use the Beta, so that I don't have to worry about shutting the client down correctly, all the time .

Take care.

Hi, I need to get this beta version too, but can't find where.

Does anybody have a link?

Still clueless.....

Thanks.....

It's all in my new user guide, in my signature. Scroll down to the installing Eddie section.

Your signature says: Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better..

I can't imagine I could find the beta there.

In the spoiler lol.

Otherwise found stickied in the How-to forum.

Wanted to make a quick comment as I've been experiencing the same problem - network lock always on (even with the client uninstalled).

Tried the experimental without success.  Reread the thread and set DNS to "Obtain automatically" in network adapter as first suggested.  Problem solved for me.