Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.253.93
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Is Arneb working well for anyone?

Hello folks, well the new Arneb server has been impossible for me to use since it has come out and AirVPN staff is claiming bad peering, although i see the servers speeds never really use that much bandwidth at all, less than 50 or so at most. By comparison its neighbors Kitalpha and Virginis have 400 mbit usage at times. Is it just me or is Arneb just really slow?

Hello folks, well the new Arneb server has been impossible for me to use since it has come out and AirVPN staff is claiming bad peering, although i see the servers speeds never really use that much bandwidth at all, less than 50 or so at most. By comparison its neighbors Kitalpha and Virginis have 400 mbit usage at times. Is it just me or is Arneb just really slow?

It's really slow, because it suffered packet loss as you might have already seen from the real time servers monitor. We are investigating. At the moment of this writing the problem solved by itself, but we will keep monitoring the situation.

Kind regards

Try running an MTR on the entry/exit IP.

mtr -rw ip

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

It's really slow, because it suffered packet loss as you might have already seen from the real time servers monitor. We are investigating. At the moment of this writing the problem solved by itself, but we will keep monitoring the situation.

Kind regards

It does seem to be getting a little better. I am personally still stuck at about 4 mbits or so which is technically the bandwidth AirVPN guarantees. But i will hold off until it can compare to Kitalpha and Virginis

I would say the dc is not really good rackend is like privatelayer both not really stable

When I discovered Arneb in July, I connected and tested it. Unstable connection with bad latency and bad speed. I thought it was just a situation, I mean, it's a datacenter and sometimes it runs into problems. Can happen every day at any time.

Now it's October. Same symptoms. The servers are sick, and they were before.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

When I discovered Arneb in July, I connected and tested it. Unstable connection with bad latency and bad speed. I thought it was just a situation, I mean, it's a datacenter and sometimes it runs into problems. Can happen every day at any time.

Is AirVPN going to do anything about it? i mean i would like a server that can deliver a bit more than 2mbits per second. At least 20mbits has been the minimum requirement for me to use it. Kitalpha can do it, but it dips well down into the 12-14 mbit range too long to maintain a 4k video. 

Now it's October. Same symptoms. The servers are sick, and they were before. :)

Is AirVPN going to do anything about it? i mean i would like a server that can deliver a bit more than 2mbits per second. At least 20mbits has been the minimum requirement for me to use it. Kitalpha can do it, but it dips well down into the 12-14 mbit range too long to maintain a 4k video.

Please continue publishing your feedback with Arneb if you wish so. We are keeping an eye on it. As you know, we have been operating this server for three months before publishing it, and we did it only when some problems we detected were resolved. Now, if the peering of this server is bad for a significant majority of customers, we can withdraw it. Note that the internal tests we performed just a few days ago were fine.

We have been already searching for a more valid replacement and perhaps we are on the right track.

Kind regards

Please continue publishing your feedback with Arneb if you wish so. We are keeping an eye on it. As you know, we have been operating this server for three months before publishing it, and we did it only when some problems we detected were resolved. Now, if the peering of this server is bad for a significant majority of customers, we can withdraw it. Note that the internal tests we performed just a few days ago were fine.

We have been already searching for a more valid replacement and perhaps we are on the right track.

Kind regards

I am glad to hear that a replacement may be in the works; i would like to ask the results of the internal tests and i would also like to welcome other users to share their performance with the server so we can determine if this is a widespread issue and not a single instance. Personally i have tested it on two different ISP's on two different devices in the US with poor results.

I am glad to hear that a replacement may be in the works; i would like to ask the results of the internal tests and i would also like to welcome other users to share their performance with the server so we can determine if this is a widespread issue and not a single instance. Personally i have tested it on two different ISP's on two different devices in the US with poor results.

None of the Swiss servers performs splendidly from various USA providers, and that's all in all acceptable. We would like to receive feedback from users in Europe.

In North America we have created a huge bandwidth redundancy both in USA and Canada with widely diversified transit providers to satisfy performance requirements from our customers in North America.

From North America, customers willing to connect in Europe should rather look at our servers in the Netherlands directly connected to AMS-IX: https://airvpn.org/topic/19014-servers-re-location-netherlands/ and https://airvpn.org/topic/17799-five-new-1-gbits-servers-available-nl/

Kind regards