Photo

Can't connect to many servers (NL, SE...)

Connection Problem trust relationship ipv4 disconnect

Best Answer Staff, 21 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

The deployment of an updated SSL certificate on VPN servers failed on some servers.
This impacted ONLY the "Checking Route" and "Checking DNS" feature of Eddie / AirVPN Client. It's not a security issue.
For this reason OpenVPN GUI and other OpenVPN clients worked anyway.
The problem has been fixed.
Our apologies.

Kind regards Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#1 Baum

Baum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hello,

For some reason I can't connect to the Netherlands servers or Sweden servers in AirVPN for Windows. They are showen as the fastest, but I can't connect to them. One Austrian works for me, but has a lower ping. Are the servers down, or is there a problem with my client?

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1952 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

Hello !

​You can check the Status page. We don't know if there's anything wrong with your client, as you didn't give us any information to go on.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 freediverx

freediverx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

As the title says I can't connect to your servers.

#4 pickledegg

pickledegg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

Same - can force it to work by deselecting "check if route effectively works" in advanced options.  Happening on all servers I try.

#5 Karanga

Karanga

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

Same - working fine up until an hour ago. Tried multiple servers

#6 gamuza

gamuza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

Same here. Any idea why it's happening?

#7 flik232

flik232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

I am having the same issue. I have had no problems since I first installed AIRvpn. As of today I am on a macbook and have tried everything possible that seems obvious including turning off the options in the "check if tunnel is working" etc. I have restarted the software, restarting the machine and still only gets as far as checking route. This is new as of today. My ISP is a cable company and Im not sure what else to tell you to help but Its just not working any more..

UPDATE... I was able to get the client to get and stay connected by turning off both of the options 1 "check if tunnel effectively works" and 2 "check if tunnel uses AIR vpn DNS ". My question would be now does turning these options off in order to maintain the connection affect the software's effectiveness ? Will this reduce security and possibly cause DNS leak ? and why did this happen after using the software with these options on for the past month with no problems. Thank you

#8 Thomas Greene

Thomas Greene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:14 AM

Having same issues, cannot not connect securely due to timing issues.

#9 Thrilling

Thrilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:15 AM

same here, cant connect to servers of 3 different countries i tried, sweden and germany being among them

#10 Hj392P_PLK

Hj392P_PLK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

Similar issues for me.Long time user of airvpn but since today can't connect to any servers. No changes at my end. Was working yesterday. Tried installing latest client.

Log file is showing: "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"

Windows XP SP3

#11 jon5001

jon5001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

When trying to connect, I get the following message:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the secure SSL/TLS channel.

How can this be fixed?

Not sure why I error started to happen suddenly.

#12 airvpnd

airvpnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

I am having the same problem only gets as far as checking the route before disconnecting. getting the error "cannot establish trust relationship for the ssl/tls" this started at about 8:xxpm ish. This is the first time since using this service that I cannot connect.

#13 sinyo

sinyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

Me too, I have tried several way, unisntall, install in different machine. connect to different server, connect to specific country only...still no luck

#14 ubaldo.fresia@gmail.com

ubaldo.fresia@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:24 AM

Same problem here. The system remains stuck at the Checking Route stage...

#15 CrankyCat

CrankyCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:26 AM

I am having the identical problem. It worked yesterday. I've tried blacklisting servers which fail to connect to force different ones but it keeps failing to connect. I actually can't connect to anything with AirVPN anymore.

The connections all fail with this error:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

AirVPN 2.10.3

Windows 7 x64

edit: Sounds like a certificate may have expired.

Attached Files

#16 da5id

da5id

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:34 AM

Same problem here. Can't connect to anything, AirVPN 2.10.3 on Windows 10 X64.

#17 VespaP200e

VespaP200e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:34 AM

My client continuously disconnects. The STATS column reads disconnected. This is a new issue I've never experienced with Airvpn. I've been online since 6:PM Pacific Standard Time. I hope its temporary. It's been all good with Airvpn otherwise.

#18 Actionjackson

Actionjackson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:36 AM

Same issue as the previous two posts...  "Timing Out Checking Route"

#19 jakeschlaerth

jakeschlaerth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

I have the same issue. I can't connect to any servers. It shows the error  "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel". Then it disconnects, and automatically tries to reconnect and shows the same error in a loop.

This is a new computer running Windows 10 with the latest client version 2.10.

#20 hydras21

hydras21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

I am have the same trouble

"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

AirVPN 2.10.3

Windows 10 x64