Photo

win10 : airvpn gui main windows dissapeared - tray works??

airvpn client windows 10

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bts3232

bts3232

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

suddenly when i start up airvpn client in windows 10 i do not see the login page, but the tray icon dissapears, it is like the main window is 'off screen'. (taskbar appears as well as working tray icon through which i can connect. anybody else has these problems, thanksq

#2 sfasdfs

sfasdfs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

I'm having the same issues on Windows 10 but also on Windows 8.1... No tray icon sometimes and not sure how to bring the GUI back without the tray icon.

On Windows 8.1 I've had this issue for years now. The tray icon sometimes dissapears when minimizing. In Win10 the AirVPN tray icon is often gone after coming back out of sleep, but AirVPN is still running in the background (no way to control it through GUI though). 

Kind of an irritating bug that has been around for very long... 

#3 elviin

elviin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:25 AM

For Windows 7 it is ok for me. But for Mac OSX 10.11.13 I can see just the main top bar. There is no login window.

#4 mr_anderson

mr_anderson

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:20 AM

Just started doing this to me in Windows 7 yesterday. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, don't know what else to do, and would appreciate some suggestions.

#5 mehāniskākaravīrs935

mehāniskākaravīrs935

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

I personally have not had this issue, but i would reccomend reinstalling and if issues persist submit a support ticket.

#6 CL4PTP

CL4PTP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

I am having this problem also. With both the stable and beta release.

#7 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hello !

Do the windows event logs say anything?

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#8 Zod

Zod

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

Killing explorer.exe and restarting it brings the icon back for me on Win10.

#9 Dewey Banks

Dewey Banks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and have been using airvpn for about six months now.  I have had occasional problems with the GUI disappearing and up till now killing the procedures and restarting the program has been the answer.  However, all of a sudden this morning, I run airvpn and no GUI displays so I have zero control over my VPN.  I can't even tell if its on or off.  Restarting and killing the procedures doesn't help anymore.  This is very frustrating.  I love airvpn - consider it best vpn option out there but now if I can't resolve this issue in a timely manner I'm going to have switch to one of the less reputable ( really it seems most all these companies except air are simply 'me too's' in it for qwuick bucks and how can you trust them? ) options out there.  This situation sucks.  Any advice would be more than appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your input,

DB

#10 Clodo

Clodo

AirVPN Team

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

I never encounter this issue, and i need help to understand why this happen. It's also reported on github issue tracker.
I found a lot of similar issue around, for example about PIA and also in other kind of software, ex. Probably it's a Windows issue.

If anyone hit this issue, please report:

1- OS

2- What has disappeared exactly, tray icon or window or both?

3- If tray icon, check if was automatically moved by Windows under the arrow-up icon e17f36c4cabb9e5e59677641a6fd8cc1181e0be8.

4- If both, is Eddie really running? Is AirVPN.exe process is running, or only openvpn.exe?

4- Did it happen randomly or after an action (resume from sleep, only at boot, minimizing the window etc.)? Is it reproducible?

5- If tray icon, is it restored by killing "explorer.exe" and restarting it?

Thanks for any feedback.

#11 blq

blq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

I´m also having this issue for the last week.

Windows 10 Home edition

Both window and tray icon disappeared, although monitor ("Ctrl+Capitals+Esc") shows Eddie is there and running.

I had none of them (AirVPN.exe / openvpn.exe) but "Eddie - Windows UI"

It happened randomly, although I restarted several times and the problem was there (I was not able to see neither the window nor the icon tray at any time).

I've restarted twice the explorer and it is back now. After the first restart, the problem was still there.

#12 species8472

species8472

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

me too.

restarting doesn't help, reinstalling doesn't help, ending tasks doesn't help.

1- Windows 10

2- What has disappeared exactly, tray icon or window or both? just window

3- If tray icon, check if was automatically moved by Windows under the arrow-up icon

nope.

4- If both, is Eddie really running? Is AirVPN.exe process is running, or only openvpn.exe? yes

4- Did it happen randomly or after an action (resume from sleep, only at boot, minimizing the window etc.)? Is it reproducible? it started when i got a 4K monitor but i also have my regular monitor and it won't show up on either display. sometimes it works if i set my 4k mintor to 100%, anything else breaks it.

5- If tray icon, is it restored by killing "explorer.exe" and restarting it? no