• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uscskelly

uscskelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:06 AM

I have installed and got AirVPN working great on Windows 10.  I have a Plex media server on the same pc but the Plex remote connection goes through the VPN.  I want it to go outside the VPN and all other traffic on the pc go through the VPN.  I have been able to get Plex to connect when the VPN is disconnected and I have also been able to get Plex to connect while VPN is connected but traffic goes through the VPN.  I want to be able to connect to the VPN but all Plex traffic to travel outside the VPN.  I need help!

#2 SumRndmDude

SumRndmDude

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

Ok, you're going to have to let us know how you are connecting to Air (router, Eddie, etc..) and what OS you're using. What you're describing is splitting your connection so that some traffic is tunneled and some is not. There are already a few guides on here for doing this, depending on how you're connecting to Air's servers.

#3 uscskelly

uscskelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

I'm connecting on a Windows 10 pc.  I'm using the AirVPN software for Windows 10.

#4 agent_mulder

agent_mulder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHaverhill, MA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

I would really like to know how to solve this.  I have the same setup and problem.  However, I cannot get Plex remote access to work when VPN is connected.  How did you accomplish that?

Everybody's got a little light under the sun, Shinin' on the funk - G. Clinton

#5 uscskelly

uscskelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:33 AM

agent_mulder, you need to find an open port to forward on the airvpn.org website and set that port on the plex remote server settings.

airvpn.png

plex.png

#6 uscskelly

uscskelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

For others looking for this fix... I found this application that does a great job.  You just install it click save configuration and install as a service.  Then setup your router to forward the port 32400 to your local IP address and it should work just fine.  

I finally got it working and now Plex is routed outside the VPN and using my local network as well when streaming inside my house.

https://thronic.com/products/VPN%20Bypass/