Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.196.114

Hello!

It's an HTML5 feature. You have probably authorized your browser to transmit your position to web sites asking for it. This article may help, if you run Firefox, Chrome or Explorer:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/disable-fake-location-firefox-internet-explorer-chrome

If you run some other browser, just use a web search engine to find out how to disable geo-location in your browser.

Kind regards

As Staff said it's a new feature of modern browser which enables them to locate you through the wireless networks that are around you. Normally the browser should ask if you want to be localized. If you don't trust in that you can disable WiFi in which case the localization should fail. (At least on linux it does.)

This is something different and already covered with the WebRTC leak detection of ipleak.net.

If you're a firefox user just open about:config in the address bar.

Then search for geo.enabled

Double click on it and set it to: false

Hello,

I have Firefox onWin 7 64 bits and I just downloaded and installed the latest AirVPN client (2.8)

I often use the VPN to browse the italian TV channels (RAI) and since a couple of day I get the message "Video Not Supported" that is the typical message you get when your IP address in not an italian one.

I performed both changes indicated above on Firefox "about:config" page.

I checked if I had any IPleak on the web site above and after the change, it is not leaked anymore, even with the WebRTC.

Yet, it is still not working as far as the RAI channels vision is concerned. Kindlym has anyone any suggestion (excluding the most radical ones as "trowh your pc out of the windows) to solve the issue?

Thank you very much.

Hello!

We are experiencing problems with our micro-routing server in Italy and we are investigating.

Kind regards

Thanks for your quick reply.

In fact it was  some time that the connection seemed to be "stuttering", as I had to reconnect several times to get back to workthe video flow that kept on freezing.

Best Regards.

I'm having the same problem with the America VPN configuration. I have geo-location turned off in Chrome, and my true location is shown when I query my IP. I have verified that my IP address changes when connected to the VPN, but it changes to an IP address that is still in my general area.

When I geo-locate my before and after IP (actually looking up the physical location of the IP address manually), they are both in my city. What's going on?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out that I had confused the "America" VPN with the country "USA" as opposed to the continent of North America. When I pick a VPN server specifically located in the US, everything is as expected. Perhaps a change of wording on the config page to say "North America" or "Americas" instead of just "America" would help keep things more obvious.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out that I had confused the "America" VPN with the country "USA" as opposed to the continent of North America. When I pick a VPN server specifically located in the US, everything is as expected. Perhaps a change of wording on the config page to say "North America" or "Americas" instead of just "America" would help keep things more obvious.

Amerigo Vespucci baby!  It does make sense to clarify the name. Might even be a bit more respectful to the other countries.

I never did understand why people refer to the US as America. I do it myself but isn't that kind of insulting the the others?

I think America is latin for Amerigo. Wonder why they do not refer to Brazil as America. Isn't that where he landed when he wanted to prove it was not eastern Asia?