cheerz

#22 pfSense_fan

pfSense_fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

Still to this day I get the "403 Forbidden" error when trying to access this. This leads me to have a few questions for Staff:

1.) Are there any character restrictions for the XMPP usernames? If yes, what are they?

2.) Are there any restrictins on XMPP username character length limits? Is so what is it?

3.) Are there any character restrictions for the XMPP passwords? If yes, what are they? 

4.) Are there any restrictins on XMPP password character length limits? Is so what is it?

I still very much would like to get this working.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

#23 cm0s

cm0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

clodo is still staring at me tho....

#24 unv

unv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

Is anyone having trouble logging into XMPP? 403 forbidden for me.

#25 cm0s

cm0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:14 AM

couldn't login few days ago but thought maybe i entered my pass wrong

logged in ok on second attempt

i don't use the chat much for several reasons

one, the scroll back, not needed and should be removed

two, otr is out dated big time and not easy for most folks to use

nor handled well by a lot of apps, even on linux

three, xmpp itself, nuff said

four, whether any customers use the 'free chat service' by airvpn or not

whether or not they 'login' is not the flaw here, the flaw is that every customer's account, billing login account information

is linked up to an xmpp chat server, that's the problem and you should maybe disconnect that is my suggestion

you have threads on your forum that whether legit or not 'other vpn companies review' basically

you already know how that can be a problem magnet

so a vpn competitor might open an account here, use it for x amount of days then decide to hammer on the xmpp server

maybe go after all the billing login information

the other thing is this, as you stated down below, none of us have to use our login information right?

so then by that principle alone, why even connect our financial primary billing account login information up to the xmpp server

it also tells me something else: that xmpp is not the only thing goin on on that server then right?

if you got account billing customer database connected to that xmpp server you probably got other stuff on that platter

that might be of interest

either way, no matter what, shit is an easy fix, disconnect the database and don't require any login at all

if needed, move the xmpp chat far away from any business accounts / boxes /network

Edited by tokzco, 04 November 2018 - 05:44 AM.

#26 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7617 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

@cm0s

We added XMPP as a courtesy and everybody can use it from any account registered on the web site. It's not even required to use XMPP with an account "with the customer's billing information". We don't put at risk anyone with XMPP. If you don't like an additional service provided for free to everybody (and NOT restricted to AirVPN paying customers, we underline it once again) just don't use it, where's the problem?

Kind regards

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 14488 - BW: 50315 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.167.18.170Guest Access.