- Install OpenVPN for Android.
Openvpn for Android is an open source client based on the open source OpenVPN project.
It uses the VPNService API of Android 4.0+ and requires neither Jailbreak nor root on your Telephone.
Hosted on Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/ics-openvpn/
- Launch your internet browser.
NOTE: Don't use the default Android browser. It has an unresolved bug ( Android Issue 1780 )
Opera and Chrome have been tested by us and work.
- Create configuration files from our Config Generator.
Choose Linux as platform. Only direct TCP and UDP connections are supported.
- Configuration files may be generated directly from the browser of the Android OS.
.ovpn files may be imported directly from the browser or a file manager to the OpenVPN for Android application.
The behavior depends on many factors: employed browser, Android version, etc.
For simplicity's sake, we assume in this guide that you saved .ovpn generated files under a directory in the Android filesystem.
- Open OpenVPN for Android, and tap the top right "Import" button.
- Locate your .ovpn files, click on the filename and tap the bottom left Select button.
- Confirm the import with the bottom right button.
- Click on the imported profile to connect.
- A warning from the Android OS is displayed. Check I trust this application and click OK to continue.