Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.170.17
Sign in to follow this  
sylvana

ANSWERED Why is Amazon DNS creeping in?

Good day everyone,

I'm rather confused and without a clue as to why the "Amazon Web Service" appears with 2 entries when checking for DNS-leaks via OARC and GRC (dnsleaktest.com only shows the correct airvpn-IP).

I'm using Windows 7 and Comodo and followed the staff-guide (https://airvpn.org/topic/3405-windows-comodo-prevent-leaks/). I set up the entry-IPs for all 3 Germany-servers.

The unwanted entries are:

54.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx ... amazonaws.com)

54.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx)

I already deinstalled both programs by Amazon that were installed (MP3-Downloader and Kindle), but to no avail.

I'll have to admit I have no idea what's going on and am pleading for your help.

Thank you for this otherwise great service.

Hello!

It's fine, because we run DNS backup servers on Amazon. Actually those IP addresses are "ours".

Well, it's not totally fine on our side, because when you see the "emergency" DNS it means that the primary DNS of the VPN server you're connected to does not work properly or has some problem, anyway it's a problem on our side about which you don't need to worry at all: no privacy or anonymity is compromised in any way, on the contrary the event shows that the "failover" system works.

Kind regards