Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.31.247
Sign in to follow this  
MrConducter

Is it possible to have Air over Tor with a DD-WRT setup?

Hi. I know how to run Air over Tor with the client, but am not sure how to run it with the vpn going through the router. Is it even possible? Thanks.

Hi I think you meant AirVPN with Tor,   the other one is Tor over AirVPN [EDIT by Staff: NO, the link refers to AirVPN over TOR] as both mentioned here: https://airvpn.org/tor/

I always get them confused and mixed up also since it sounds the opposite,  I think I was the only one on here attempting such a thing which I recently updated here in my post:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9882-airvpn-with-tor-with-a-tomato-router/

Suffice to say I tried it and failed,  running Tor over AirVPN is easy once your connected to your Router and VPN service you simply double click the Tor browser but to do it AirVPN with Tor failed.

I believe its since I am loosing my connection while trying to connecting from Tors new IP to the AirVPN service but cant be 100% sure.

I did also create a VPN config generator files with the Socks/Port number ticked and in place for running AirVPN with Tor.

Since it failed,  I used those files in the OpenVPN client instead and ran the Air tutorial I linked above and it connected fine with AirVPN with tor,  checking client area showed the tor ip,  so not even Air knew my real IP address and also greater Privacy.

I am not 100% technical,  but gave it a shot if you do find a work around let us know !

The only other method I can think of is to use OpenVPN client or another VPN service with there client or OpenVPN and then to connected to the Router running AirVPN,  this will give you the extra privacy required,  but there are other benefits to running VPN with Tor listed,  I just do not know them well enough to say if there important or not.