Not connected, Your IP: 44.215.110.142
Sign in to follow this  
Royee

AirVPN with TOR with a Tomato Router ?

Hi is Airvpn with tor possible on a tomato router ?

I am unsure if it is possible,  I know I can choose socks proxy option and make the config files.  Right now am just using the basic vpn profile for my Asus tomato router and am connected fine under airvpn server.

But from what I can understand (which maybe wrong!)  I have to first connect to the Tor network via the Tor software package,  and then connect to AirVPN client or OpenVPN software(with socks option Tor enabeled profile)

Or is it the same thing if I connect to Tor and then simply plug in the ethernet jack to the PC ? 

Sounds daft that way,   but I noticed a major disadvantage using Tomato router setup is your "Always" logged into Airvpn since your tomato router is always on,  hence when I check the client option it says am connected after 2 days when I have not even switched on the pc.... it also means if AirVPN servers are raided or the law or anyone examines,  the real ip address shows right up like a light on the christmas tree !

Just a quick update,  it appears not possible to do VPN with Tor with a Tomato router.  The issue from when I tried it,  you need be connected online normal (with ISP IP)  then to run Tor to get a new Tor IP and then to connect to your VPN account,  I assume while staying connected.

Even if I disconnect my VPN server on my Tomato Router,  get connected with normal internet and then run Tor and get a new Tor IP and then connect to my Tomato VPN (with tor config) I assume am breaking the connection or dropping it so not able to run Vpn with Tor.

Tor over VPN works fine since if my Tomato router is already connected to VPN server,  and then running Tor is fine (no break or drop in connection)

Alternative is of course to run the OpenVPN client which works fine.

If anyone does find alternative soloution or method to run VPN with Tor please update, thanks !