Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.190.167
Sign in to follow this  
GoodGolly4MissMolly

Stupid 70 yr old newbie can't get started

First, instructions didn't say anything about which program to run first when I unzipped the Windows 7 64 bit file. Did AirdVPN first, probably a mistake, couldn't access and wweb sites.

So I uninstalled, using CCleaner, as it didn't show up in Revo Installer.

Somewhere I found a link to OpenVPN and downloaded it. Think it was the one that said some problems and I hit continue. Then I clicked on AirVPN, put in my login and password and selected a 100 percent servicer, it said connecting and then went right back to the login/password.

Also, search C: and could not find airvpn.exe or anything airvpn, so couldn't set it to run automatically.

From trying to read. and yes,  I have been reading the forum, I can forsee needing help with encryption, keys, and ip, gatway and dns settings.

Please, take pity on me. I used another VPN before found out it rolled over and coughed up and it was easy to set up.. I didn't expect so many problems.

Hello!

Thank you for your subscription.

1) It makes no difference. You can launch OpenVPN installer or AirVPN client first. If the Air client does not detect OpenVPN installation, it will ask you whether you wish to install it and it will do that for you. The instructions just say to launch the Air client because it's probably the easier way.

2) The Air client (airvpn.exe) does not need installation, so you can copy & paste it everywhere you like (for example on the Desktop). If you can't find it on your HDD, maybe you have not extracted it from the archive or you have deleted it. In any case, just re-download it.

3) You don't need to manually create any certificate or key, and you don't need to set manually any gateway etc., everything is performed automatically.

If you still have issues, please send us the Air client logs: right-click on the Air dock icon, select "Logs", click "Copy to clipboard" and paste in your message.

Kind regards

The downloaded airvpn client is portable and its probably in your downloads folder. Don't choose a server with 100% server load. Use one with lesser load.

Even though I am connected, your site says I should log in. I wasn't able to send you the email because I could not see a security code. Is it because I wasn't logged in? I hadn't noticed until I couldn't send the email because it seemed that if I was connected I shouldn't need to log in.

I will try again, now I am logged in to resend the email with the log so you can see why after I'd set it up to connected when Windows 7 started, it did not. And also why I was then disconnected at some point without notice.