Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.190.93
Sign in to follow this  
danvpn

Setting up configuration with Tunnelblick 3.3beta54

I am having trouble setting up the VPN with the latest version Tunnelblick using the .ovpn files created from the "Access without our client" page.

The folder ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations described there doesn't exist. Tunnelblick suggest using a different way of setting up the VPN anyway:

1. Putting ONE .opvn file in a new folder

2. Renaming that folder to Nameofserver.tblk

3. Importing Nameofserver.tblk by double clicking.

This works fine, but this can't possibly be the only way to configure Tunnelblick? Going thorugh this steps for every single server is a real waste of time. Especially because you have to retype the server name and location and UDP/TCP etc. info into the new server name to have the info show up in Tunnelblick!

Hello,

actually there is a way to make Tunnelblick install multiple configurations all at once, but it's not yet the efficient way that's needed by any basic OpenVPN client user (create as many subfolders as needed in a .tblk folder - when you double-click the parent folder, all the configurations in every .tblk subfolder will be installed). You might like to use OpenVPN directly to bypass the important limitations of all the OpenVPN wrappers versions that are currently available for OS X. We have prepared a working package that will allow you to run OpenVPN directly on OS X (tested on 10.8.2 and 10.8.3).

One of our purposes with Eddie for OS X is to resolve a couple of major problems with OS X OpenVPN wrappers (for AirVPN).

Kind regards

Thanks for the answer, even though it's kinda unsatisfying that there is no better way.

Couldn't you provide suitable config files in .tblk format for download?

Either way, at least the "Using AirVPN with Mac OSX" page should be updated. The information how to set up Tunnelblick is no longer correct.

Hi donvpn,

Maybe you should try Viscosity instead of Tunnelblick?

I'm also an OSX user and used Tunnelblick since it's early releases, but after I installed Viscosity I saw that all the advanced features I used to edit in the .ovpn files before are now in the GUI.

Very recommended software.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.