Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.251.154
Sign in to follow this  
NaDre

ANSWERED connected, but "Your details" says not connected

I am definitely connected right now, but the connections summary in "Client Area" says "You aren't currently connected to any server".

I think I saw this happen once before.

Just joined and also experiencing the same issue (screenshot attached). The AirVPN app status shows that I'm connected, but the AirVPN website is saying I am not connected. I also went to a "What Is my IP?" website, and they also show my original IP. Please advise, thanks!

Hello!

Something's wrong, probably during the connection, can you please send us the Air client logs after a connection is allegedly established? Please right-click on the Air dock icon, select "Logs", click "Copy to clipboard" and paste in your message.

Kind regards

Staff, I PM'd you the requested log text. Since I do not fully understand its contents, I felt more comfortable doing that. So, I hope that's ok. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your advice, Staff, and please excuse the "snail-mail"-like reply. Although I did not have full understanding of the log details, I did zero-in on what appeared to be error conditions. In the log, I did notice the repetitive 'net access denied' error condition, along with other failures, from the log (recap below):

NOTE: FlushIpNetTable failed on interface [3] {3E0607D0-205B-44EC-91F4-3B050A2B7ED5} (status=6) : The handle is invalid.   ***
      ---
      ---
      ROUTE: route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry: Network access is denied.   [status=65 if_index=65541] ***
      Route addition via IPAPI failed [adaptive] ***
      9:08 PM Route addition fallback to route.exe 
      ---
      ---
      ROUTE: route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry: Network access is denied.   [status=65 if_index=3] 
      Route addition via IPAPI failed [adaptive] ***
      Route addition fallback to route.exe 
      ---
      ---
      ROUTE: route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry: Network access is denied.   [status=65 if_index=3] 
      Route addition via IPAPI failed [adaptive] 
      ---
      ---
      Route addition via IPAPI failed [adaptive] 

I had taken into consideration firewall, antivirus software, and the basic "barriers" that could affect successful VPN connection, prior to seeking help. The TAP adapter was also enabled and fine. However, in asking for your help, I omitted mentioning that I wanted to enable this wonderful VPN solution, for use by a non-admin user account. Not sure if this may also be NaDre's issue. Anyway, I had given 'full control' access permission to the non-admin account for the OpenVPN & AirVPN program folders. I even give full rights to "route.exe", after discovering that file was a component of the process. Still not enough.

After your reply, I did some more (re)searching out there, on connecting to VPN using a non-admin account. It turns out, that I needed to add the non-admin account to the "Network Configuration Operators" Group, in the Windows Computer Management console->Users/Groups. After adding the user account to that group, the VPN connection completed and behaved as it should. So, just in case you were not already aware of this option, please add this to your KnowledgeBase. Hopefully, this will help anyone else with a Windows PC, who may have a similar desire, and comes upon this error.