Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.40.207
Sign in to follow this  
Budt0ker

Can't connect to direct wireless connection after being connected for hours to AirVPN

I have been using AirVPN for almost a year know and never had any issues until recently. My problem is if I am connected to any of the AirVPN servers for hours at a time and decide to disconnect, then wish to connect to my wireless connection directly, I can't. The only time I can ever get on the 'Net after the fact is if I connect to AirVPN. I don't know much about networking but the first time I experienced this problem, and disconnected from AirVPN, AirVPN might have done something to my wireless network settings in Windows so I am not able to connect using wireless anymore.

Honestly, I love this VPN and intend to renew before the end of August. But hopefully you guys here can help me out so I can use my wireless when I disconnect from your VPN servers.

Thanks.

Hello,

OpenVPN does not interfere in any way with the system physical interfaces (WiFi, Ethernet...) settings. The fact that the problem did not arise in one year hints to some recent configuration change in your system. Please check your firewall and antivirus, and also make sure that the DHCP client service is running. Does the problem disappear if you disconnect and re-connect to your WiFi hot-spot?

Kind regards