Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.217.41
Sign in to follow this  
resettler

No Route To Host

Below is a partial log of my VPN connection. I use Microsoft Windows 7, OpenVPN 2.3.2-I001-install, 64-bit.

Fri June 28 18:06:36 2013 Successful ARP Flush on interface [18] {info suppressed for confidentiality reason}
Fri June 28 18:06:37 2013 write UDPv4: No Route to Host (WSAEHOSTUNREACH) (code=10065)

Questions:

1. What are the causes of "No Route To Host"?

2. Does "No Route To Host" mean that my VPN connection has been compromised by a hacker or NSA?

3. Is it safe to use the VPN connection when it has "No Route To Host" or shall I use another gateway/exit node?

4. What can I do to resolve the issue?

Hello,

"No Route to Hosts ... Host unreachable" is a message from your TCP/IP stack issued when a packet is not routable to the wished host. A packet may be unroutable for various reasons, such as null-routing forced by your ISP or some gateway, routing loops (misconfiguration of routing in some Internet node), routing nodes failure... if you run Windows, the problem might be related also to an intermittent malfunctioning of the TCP/IP stack, normally solved with a TCP/IP stack reset ((but we're not sure: in the past years we have observed some not easily explainable Windows TCP/IP stack weird behaviors, that have in common the fact that malfunctioning is solved with a stack reset followed by a system reboot).

Such problems should be momentary, and if your connection was successful it was a momentary failure. If the problem persists feel free to keep us informed, in which case please send us the complete logs.

Kind regards

Hello,

2) It does not say anything about that (it's not a hint pointing to any direction)

3) if all packets were unroutable, connection could not even be established. If a significant percentage of packets are unroutable, connection will drop or performance will be impaired, so look at the complete logs and if you see a lot of them yes, try to change VPN server.

Kind regards