Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.49.193

I have recently switched to windows7 64bit and have problems realiably connecting to the login server. (Never had issue when in XP)

I am running v1.8 and after entering my user information, pressing the 'login' button takes me to the next screen where it just says 'login' with the periods under it.

It is here that the program freezes. Giving it plently of time to connect doesn't seem to do anything, and once i press on the window it displays a "Not Responding" message in the title bar.

I usually restart my computer multiple times to try and get connected, and eventually it connects. But this is not a very fun way to get connected.

Any thoughts on what I can look into to see what's wrong with my system? Are there known conflicts? Should I give up and reinstall something?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hello,

can you please check that you're running the correct version (matching 64 bit and .NET framework version)?

Kind regards

Not exactly sure how to verify I'm running the 64bit build, but it is currently version 1.8 and was last modified 1/21/2013. I am also running .NET 4.5 (version 2.0 of .NET does not appear to be installed for whats that worth). I also have 'run this program as administrator' checked.

It is currently working by the way, after another reboot I finally got connected. I do wonder if dropbox may being freaking it out, as it was in the middle of a pretty large sync when i was first attempting to connect.

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I have no idea what you mean by "(matching 64 bit and .NET framework version)".  I'm not that technical when it comes to the system end of a pc.  Would you be able to give exact instructions on where I find "(matching 64 bit and .NET framework version)"?

Many thanks!

Not exactly sure how to verify I'm running the 64bit build, but it is currently version 1.8 and was last modified 1/21/2013. I am also running .NET 4.5 (version 2.0 of .NET does not appear to be installed for whats that worth). I also have 'run this program as administrator' checked.

It is currently working by the way, after another reboot I finally got connected. I do wonder if dropbox may being freaking it out, as it was in the middle of a pretty large sync when i was first attempting to connect.

Hello,

if DropBox was hogging all your bandwidth, it could have caused a timeout in the TLS "handshake"... just speculation anyway.

Kind regards