Not connected, Your IP: 34.230.68.214
safet

Cumbersome re-login after line drops

Hello,

when our line drops, e.g. due to intermittent service at our ISP or, say, due to a short power cut due, say, a blizzard, logging on again after AirVPN lost the connection is very cumbersome and time-consuming.

After establishing the AirVPN connection all Internet traffic goes via the tunnel, as it should. However, when that connection is lost, AirVPN's app-window shows "disconnecting" which of course goes on forever, as after losing the tunnel it cannot reconnect nor can it successfully reach the server to disconnect either.

Shutting off and restarting AirVPN then leads to a little popup "already connected" and one cannot reconnect NOR can one drop the connection ("logout") as it won't accept any further action.

So, logging on to AirVPN's website should solve the problem (although this requires breaching one's Internet security as one needs to do so "openly", i.e. without the help of the VPN tunnel, since that cannot be used as one cannot readily reconnect as one "is already connected").

Then .,, after logging on at AirVPN.org through an UNtunneled connection and going to the client area, one tries to disconnect via the disconnect button.

However, this then loops "forever" in a "disconnection pending" state.

Result: Since over ONE HOUR I am neither able to reconnect from the PC NOR am I able to DISconnect  and drop the bloody line online from here, so I am stuck unable to use any VPN services!

And wouldn't it be better to allow to drop the connection from the PCs logon app instead of giving this nauseating "Already connected" popup without having any connection that can really be used yet equally not being to get rid of it???

Please advise!

Hello,

the connection to the site is not unsecured, it's https. The problem you experienced in the last minutes has been solved, it is not the normal behavior of the service, please do not hesitate to warn us about any issue.

Kind regards

I'm seeing the same problem on my connection. It's stuck on disconnect pending

~n

Same happens for me still. If I make and apply any router changes then I'm in this loop as I am in fact right now.

Hello,

if the client does not notify the server about a disconnection on UDP, the server has absolutely no way to know that the client disconnected. In this case, you will need to wait for the inactivity timeout (normally 60 seconds) to be authorized to re-connect or click the button "Disconnect Now" from your control panel.

Kind regards