Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.131.168
wugamuga

Can not renew with PayPal, no error message

I am unsuccessfully trying to add 3 months to my subscription.  In the Client Area I have a Pending Invoice and I click on Pay Now.

I choose PayPay (Immediate) and Confirm my Order

I fill out the Don't have a PayPal Account completely and click Continue.

Under Payment Method I have tried both Credit Card and Debit Card, filling in the information. 

I click Continue.   The message "Loading" appears for about a second with a spinning rectangle above it and the page returns, with no success exactly as it was with the Continue button.

If I click on Continue once again, it does the same thing.  I get the Continue button again.

There is no error message.  It just returns to the same page and the transaction is not processed (I've checked my credit and debit cards, no activity).

I have now tried it for 2 days with identical results, regardless of whether I try with a debit or credit card.

Suggestions?

Further info.  If I put in an invalid credit card number, it knows it and flags it.  So it is checking the credit card number.  I have also tried Paypal (Immediate) and Paypal Subscription (Immediate).  I don't know what the difference is between these two.

Hello!

The whole procedure is handled by PayPal on PayPal servers (we NEVER come to know a credit card number), so it might be a PayPal problem. Please note that automatic risk management and security PayPal systems may block transactions (without providing clear explanation) if the transaction is tried when connected to TOR, a known proxy, an IP address not matching the country of the society that issued the credit card etc.

If that's not your case, you might like to contact PayPal customer service.

Does anybody else experience the same issue?

Kind regards

Hello!

The whole procedure is handled by PayPal on PayPal servers (we NEVER come to know a credit card number), so it might be a PayPal problem. Please note that automatic risk management and security PayPal systems may block transactions (without providing clear explanation) if the transaction is tried when connected to TOR, a known proxy, an IP address not matching the country of the society that issued the credit card etc.

If that's not your case, you might like to contact PayPal customer service.

Does anybody else experience the same issue?

Kind regards

I try to renew while NOT connected to TOR I am not using a known proxy and my IP address DOES match the country of the CC.  I am at a loss and my sub will soon run out.  I am unable to renew at this point and don't know what else to try....

I try to renew while NOT connected to TOR I am not using a known proxy and my IP address DOES match the country of the CC.  I am at a loss and my sub will soon run out.  I am unable to renew at this point and don't know what else to try....

Hello!

We are confident to add a major credit card processor during the next days. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Kind regards

Same thing here been trying to renew today as a paypal guest with credit card  (would never let them have access to my bank acount, got burned by them once on a charge back).    Funny thing is, i did it this way when i bought a month subscrition to test out and it worked fine, now today nothing.  Going to buy a year worth, love this vpn and the staff! 

I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else in this thread. My subscription expires tomorrow and I have absolutely no way to pay it. I've tried adding 1 month through paypal, then tried 3 month, neither is working. Fill in my information, fill in my CC details, and then i click 'continue' and absolutely nothing happens. I'm on my personal IP and not using any kind of proxy, VPN or TOR. Paypal worked fine when I got both a trial and my first month.

I'm at a loss as to what to do :/

Hello!

This is clearly a PayPal problem. As we said, all the credit cards payments are handled exclusively by PayPal servers. We never process directly credit cards. We strongly recommend that you describe in details the problem to PayPal, the more warnings they get the higher the chance they will do something. Also, make sure you try from different browsers: we continue to receive credit cards payments as usual, and all the tests we performed are just fine, therefore this problem appears to be caused by some very particular setup we could not manage to reproduce.

We are anyway working as fast as possible to implement a new, major credit cards payment processor.

Kind regards

Further info.  If I put in an invalid credit card number, it knows it and flags it.  So it is checking the credit card number.  I have also tried Paypal (Immediate) and Paypal Subscription (Immediate).  I don't know what the difference is between these two.

Hello!

We see that you managed to solve your problem. Would you be so kind to say how you solved it? Maybe your description might help mikeymoar and blueskyrim.

Kind regards

Here's what I've figured out so far: (did you know this thread is the second result for "paypal no error message?" on google?)

On debian GNU/Linux I tried ~four different browsers, all produced the same result. Put in my personal info, go to the next screen where I enter my CC info, then the 'continue' button does nothing except reload the CC entry widget with all my info still in it. No error message, no nothing.

wugamuga mentioned that if they put in a wrong CC #, the widget flags it. At first I thought this meant the data was being sent to paypal, but then I tried putting in a wrong expiration date, which had absolutely no result, which tells me two things: First, it means that the information in the CC widget is not being sent to paypal, and second it means that the CC # is being checked via an algorithim in the widget before being sent to paypal (I actually remember reading something about CC # format a while ago, and how the last 4 or whatever digits are a checksum for the CC #) which makes a lot of sense, as this saves them server load.

So, so far we know that whatever the problem is, it consists of the CC info (or perhaps even the whole payment process) not being sent to paypal for some reason.

Next, I loaded up an old copy of windows to make sure this wasn't an OS problem, opened firefox and logged into airvpn, went to pay my bill and failed again. I tried doing a factory-reset of firefox, the problem persisted.

So here I am, writing this on windows in a reset copy of firefox. As near as I can tell, the problem isn't anything under my control (unless my IP address is somehow causing paypal's CC processor to segfault lol).

My one theory is that there may be something in the API interface between airvpn and paypal causing this problem to arise, but honestly that's just a total guess. For all I know some paypal employee is sitting at their desk randomly breaking payments and giggling to themselves.

I'm going to try the headache that is bitcoin next, wish me luck.

Hello!

We see that you managed to solve your problem. Would you be so kind to say how you solved it? Maybe your description might help mikeymoar and blueskyrim.

Kind regards

I could be wrong, but I think they mean that they tried both subscription and immediate and both failed?

Unless you mean that as staff you can see they paid their bill, in which case I agree, please tell us your secret wugamuga!

Unless you mean that as staff you can see they paid their bill, in which case I agree, please tell us your secret wugamuga!

Hello!

Yes, that's the meaning.

Kind regards

I'm having the same problem as many others here. Can't renew using PayPal, via TOR though. Was not an issue when I originally subscribed.

I WAS able to successfully renew.  Unfortunately, I can not tell you what I did that worked.  I kept trying.  i changed my current name "wugamuga" back to what it was originally.  I saw some blocked flash and allowed it to be enabled.  My credit card was accepted.  I am not sure which of the changes, or others I made -- browser change, etc. -- resulted in the credit card being accepted or whether it was just a random event.  I tried to now repeat it and was unsuccesful.

I hope this gets figured out soon.  I am using a mac and tried safari, chrome, firefox. 

Apparently this is still an issue...I've tried to finish setting up a new account & Paypal is not processing for me either.  Frustrating...

I don't like Paypal at all...and have no account.  However, has anyone indicated that having a PP account makes a difference?

Thanks

I also have this problem.  Since I am trying to set up a new account and can not I will be using another service for my VPN.  It is in your best intrest to fix this issue. 

I didn't want to give up so I figured it out.  It would appear that Pay Pal will only accept payments through this site if you sign up for a Pay Pal account.  So it really is on Pay Pal's side.  I guess they want to track who is using this site?  Who knows?  After talking to Pay Pal though they confirmed this would be the only way they would except the payment. So currently you have to sign into a valid Pay Pal account.  Cheers.

Hello,

we can't confirm what PayPal told you, we have already tried to pay with different credit cards (VISA and MasterCard) and the payments go through fine.

Kind regards

I didn't want to give up so I figured it out.  It would appear that Pay Pal will only accept payments through this site if you sign up for a Pay Pal account.  So it really is on Pay Pal's side.  I guess they want to track who is using this site?  Who knows?  After talking to Pay Pal though they confirmed this would be the only way they would except the payment. So currently you have to sign into a valid Pay Pal account.  Cheers.

Can confirm that, AFAIK not possible to pay with a CC without a PP account.

Staff, please give us a step by step guide of how you made it.

EDIT: Finally made it by choosing US, faking address and phonenumber (don't know if choosing "multiple methods" ie splitting the bill, which I did, made any difference).

Can confirm that, AFAIK not possible to pay with a CC without a PP account.

Staff, please give us a step by step guide of how you made it.

Hello!

We just selected the option to pay as a PayPal guest from the PayPal pages (tested successfully with VISA and MasterCard).

We are also waiting for the authorization to proceed from another, well-known credit cards processor.

Kind regards

Hello!

It must also be considered that we continue to receive regularly payments via credit cards. This makes very difficult to reproduce the issue (after weeks, we are unable to reproduce it).

Kind regards

I have also pending invoice in my account. But Paypal has booked the money and my account got +90 days added. Maybe it is an issue with flagging payments.