Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.131.72
Sign in to follow this  
BernddasTost

Set cryptographic system from AES to RSA?

Hello!

Your OpenVPN client must match the cipher set in our OpenVPN servers. Our configuration generator will generate the correct configuration files.

Current set:
RSA 2048 bit keys

AES-256-CBC Data Channel

HMAC SHA-1 160 Packets Authentication

Kind regards

Isnt it the case that the encryption is either RSA or AES?

I cant find any settings in the generator.

Hello!

Choices of non-working ciphers in the configuration generator are not possible. It will generate files consistent with our OpenVPN servers settings. It would be detrimental (and somehow grotesque) that you could generate non-working configurations with the configuration generator... its purpose is exactly to generate working configurations for Air servers.

Kind regards

Hey. Sorry but I dont understand your answere.

Does the kind of encryption (RSA or AES) depend on the server I choose? How can I improve which encryption is in use and where can I change the encryption from AES to RSA and vice versa?

Or am I completely wrong with this, is the connection crypted with both, RSA and AES?

And which kind of VPN type is this? PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec?

Thanks.

Hey. Sorry but I dont understand your answere.

Does the kind of encryption (RSA or AES) depend on the server I choose? How can I improve which encryption is in use and where can I change the encryption from AES to RSA and vice versa?

Or am I completely wrong with this, is the connection crypted with both, RSA and AES?

And which kind of VPN type is this? PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec?

Thanks.

Hello!

AirVPN is based on OpenVPN.

The configuration of each Air VPN server is the same and you can't change encryption algorithms, if you do you will not be able to connect to any of our servers. OpenVPN encrypts both Control Channel and Data Channel. In our servers Packet Authentication is also mandatory. Encryption algorithms are respectively RSA (with 2048 bit keys), AES-256-CBC (symmetric, 256 bit keys) and HMAC SHA1 (160 bit key). Authentication method is based on double certificates and key. TLS re-keying is performed by default every 60 minutes, with overlapping windows, so that the re-keying does not affect in any way performance and does not introduce any time-pressure. This is a parameter you can change on the client side, if you wish.

If you're interested in going deeper, you can read an OpenVPN manual, or for a more synthetic summary the Wikipedia article.

Kind regards