Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.129.100
Sign in to follow this  
Ace3342

EU and data retention laws with EU based VPN.

Guys, 

I am sure you've answered to this question a thousand of time, unfortunately I could not find anything specific in the form (actually why there is no "search" function?).

Some concerns I read around are about using a VPN service located in EU or (even worse) in US.

Since you are EU-based and you clearly state that you do not log any activity, I wonder if this comply fully with EU regulation.

Does the EU retention data laws apply to ISP only?

In case that EU regulation changes towards higher level of monitoring internet usage, have you considered a way to counter react?

I believe an EU user would feel more confident to use a VPN based for example in Malaysia rather than under the same legal authority.

Thanks for answering.

Guys, 

I am sure you've answered to this question a thousand of time, unfortunately I could not find anything specific in the form (actually why there is no "search" function?).

Some concerns I read around are about using a VPN service located in EU or (even worse) in US.

Since you are EU-based and you clearly state that you do not log any activity, I wonder if this comply fully with EU regulation.

Does the EU retention data laws apply to ISP only?

In case that EU regulation changes towards higher level of monitoring internet usage, have you considered a way to counter react?

I believe an EU user would feel more confident to use a VPN based for example in Malaysia rather than under the same legal authority.

Thanks for answering.

Hello!

There are a search function and an advanced search function on the upper right corner of the web site forum pages. Please use them at will.

In the EU we have servers in countries where Data Retention Directive (2006/24/EC) implementation has been declared unconstitutional (Romania, Germany) or where its scope does not cover our service (any other Member State). We fully comply to the EU legal framework.

USA situation (under this point of view) is even better: in the USA currently there's no mandatory data retention at all, not even for domestic ISPs. Singapore, where we maintain 3 servers, has no mandatory data retention for our service.

Please search the forum for references and documentation on all of the above.

In order to look at Air VPN available servers please click on "Status" in the upper menu, you will access the servers monitor which reports many information.

Yes, we have considered ways to counter-react in case of necessity.

Kind regards