Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.4.181
Sign in to follow this  
FPyro

AirVPN, I love you

Hi!

I just wanted to say that I've searched a lot and used many different VPN providers in the past to find the best one out there.

So far, none is perfect. Some are too expensive, some log a lot, some don't have port forwarding and some are extremely slow.

AirVPN, although not perfect, is apparent the best VPN provider I could find so far. They have high privacy standards, allow p2p, support port forwarding, and you can even watch CBS while using a german server.

This is amazing. The price is fair as well.

The only thing which bothers me is that I can't seem to get high speeds consistently with any VPN provider. Although my connection at home is a stable 100Mbit/s, I get only about 10-20% of that download speed most of the time when tunneling through the vpn servers. I think this is just the one disadvantage to using them. 

Thanks AirVPN for your high quality service.

I'm not saying it's happening to everybody obviously. Being closer to the server would undoubtedly help as well... it's just the only thing that bothers me...

Hello!

Thank you all for the great feedback!

We are doing our utmost best to further improve the service. In the last 30 days we have implemented completely new web site, account processor, configuration generator, ticket system, several new servers (also in 3 additional countries), OpenVPN over SSL & OpenVPN over SSH on all servers, and today we have released a Dynamic DNS service. Also, the response time to the tickets has decreased. The techies have worked very hard, and these feedbacks are the best reward.

@FPyro

Have you tried connections to different ports? It's important, in case your ISP performs port shaping. Additionally, if your ISP has invested in DPI tools, it might be using them to throttle all sorts of protocols. OpenVPN has a typical fingerprint which makes its connection distinguishable from pure SSL/TLS connections. In this case you might like to try OpenVPN over SSH, so DPI will see pure SSH. In general this is NOT recommended for performance, but in your peculiar case (10-20% only of your nominal peak bandwidth) it's worth a try, because if your ISP does not throttle SSH (or if it throttles SSH less than OpenVPN) you might well improve the performance. As you know, all Air servers "support natively" OpenVPN over SSH, so you should be ready to go in a couple of minutes.

Kind regards