Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.115.195
bluehatman

application failed to initialize ( airvpn client install )

hi

Tried downloading the client package several times, but it won't install ( getting that message above in the subject header here ) The openVPN installs ok.

Suggestions ?

thanks

hi

Tried downloading the client package several times, but it won't install ( getting that message above in the subject header here ) The openVPN installs ok.

Suggestions ?

thanks

Hello!

Can you please make sure that you have the correct version (in particular, 64 bit versions will not install on 32 bit systems)? What is your Windows version?

If the installer fails and you are sure it has administrator privileges, try to launch manually the OpenVPN installer (with administrator privileges, as usual). The Air client, which is an OpenVPN wrapper/GUI, does not need any installation , but OpenVPN does (at least of the TUN/TAP adapter driver).

Kind regards

Win XP pro SP3

I uninstalled open vpn rebooted and tried client again but same response ( thought maybe the client auto installed OpenVPN ). No diff.

Double checked and redownloaded 32 bit install pack. All same " failed to initialize". Installing openVPN is fine every time though. It's just the client.

Antivirus checked for blocking etc but nothing there ( no blocking settings activated )

Have you checked the file's not corrupt at your end ) just to rule that out ) ?

Stumped....

When I first intalled it I first manually installed OpenVPN and then the client. Could that have interferred with things ?

Have also tried using access without client but when I get to 'generate' -  I'm assuming I then select to open with openDaemon ( also tried open serv app ), but it's not clearly directed as to what to do after 'generate'  ( maybe you could add further, clear instructions for all us newbies ? ) - and select open daemon app to open it with, it tried endlessly to load / work / connect - and with different servers selected it seems too ) netherlands mostly so far ).

Hello!

We're sorry, we don't follow you... the Air client has no installer. It is a stand alone, portable executable. Just put airvpn.exe wherever you like (for example in your Desktop).

About the files generated by our configuration generator, once you have downloaded them you need only to paste them inside the OpenVPN configuration directory.

Then launch OpenVPN GUI and the connections pertaining to those files will appear in the menu (right-click the OpenVPN GUI dock icon, two small monitors).

Kind regards

Hello!

Ok, understood. Can you please check your .NET framework version? The Air client version for Windows XP requires .NET framework 2.0 (available by default on Windows XP, if it has not been customized or the framework removed). The Air client for Windows 8 requires .NET 4. Please check also that you have not mismatched version. OpenVPN and OpenVPN GUI do not require any .NET framework.

Kind regards

Hi,

I believe I'm having a similar install issue.  OpenVPN GUI installs fine, and runs as a process (visible in Task Manager).  AirVPN client cannot detect that it's running, and goes into "not responding," where it stays until it displays the error "OpenVPN are required bit it has not been detected" (no grammar jokes).

Your page https://airvpn.org/generator/ fails to load, although the rest of your site loads fine.

I hope to get past this soon, but I need your help.

W7-64

Loads of resources

Thanks

Hello!

It's correct that you can't access the Configuration Generator with account "Rottenham" because this account has no subscriptions and is not authorized to access our services (please open a ticket at your earliest convenience if you think this is a mistake and include your payment details).

About the other problem, remember that you can run either OpenVPN, OpenVPN GUI or the Air client, but not them simultaneously. If you wish to run the Air client, do not start OpenVPN, not even as a service.

Kind regards

Thank you.

The problem you describe above, and the error message displayed by AirVPN client, are not even similar.  Why?  You can just imagine how misleading that might seem to some people.

As for trying to run two GUIs at the same time, I assure you that is not what is happening.  I tried this more ways than one.   Perhaps I could be more clear.

1.) Run airvpn.exe

2.) airvpn wants to install openvpn, I say yes.

3.) airvpn freezes, says "not responding."

Maybe I'm missing something.  Paint me a picture.