But I just wanted to make sure about some things:

I. I have now in my Networking Window two adapters

[ol]

[li]Local Area Network Adapter (Ethernet)[/il]

[li]TAP WIndows Adapter V9[/il]

[/ol]

The first one has the following settings:

Ip is set automatically and the DNS is set 10.4.0.1 / 10.5.0.1

The second one (TAP) is set to all (IPV4 and DNS) automatic settings.

II. My hosts file has

85.17.207.151 airvpn.org

212.117.180.25 airvpn.org

in it.

In this situation my dns leak test shows me ONLY ONE DNS Server and that is the one where I am currently connected to. (Cephei - Canada / DNS test: Some company /Canada)

Is this how it supposed to be? And if so, if I read the forums correctly these settings are still not preventing leakage in case of VPN disconnect. The only solution would be using comodo. But there I am stuck at line 5:

Determine the entry-IP addresses of the AirVPN server(s) you wish to connect to (if you don't know how to do it, please do not hesitate to contact us).

I don't know how to to it

Thanks!

Hello!

Thank you, glad to know that the service meets your expectations and requirements!

Everything in your setup looks fine. The results of the DNS leak test show correctly the DNS of the server you're connected to. No leaks at all detected.

The TAP-Win32 adapter is a virtual tun/tap interface (to the system, it is just like any other network interface) used by OpenVPN.

Setting 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 as primary and secondary DNS IP addresses on your physical adapter, as you did, DOES prevent DNS leaks. However, it will make your system unable to resolve names when disconnected from the VPN, so you correctly added two lines to your hosts file to let the Air client access airvpn.org.

You can get the entry-IP address of a server by looking at the "remote" line of the configuration file for that server. You can also have the full list of entry-IP addresses, ask them through the "Contact us" form. Entry-IP addresses are not published in the forum.

Kind regards

Hi!

i was at first very happy with my settings as you mentioned, but somehow i saw a leak (through testing randomly). So now I am deep in comodo setting trying to set it up.

i will contact you regarding the Entry IPs (and probably with more questions

Thank you very much!

interesting: i removed the two airvpn references in the hosts file and I still surf when not connected with the VPN . That should not happen... Any ideas?

interesting: i removed the two airvpn references in the hosts file and I still surf when not connected with the VPN . That should not happen... Any ideas?

Hello!

Your system does not lose connectivity to the Internet with your setup, it will just lose the capacity to resolve names through DNS queries. DNS queries are sent only if the hosts file evaluation AND the DNS resolver cache evaluation do not resolve a name. If you flush the DNS cache resolver, your system will become immediately unable to resolve all the names not included in the hosts file (well, there's some additional step, but for simplicity's sake this overview is sufficiently correct).

Kind regards

Hello, I had a question that fits this topic a little.

I'm using Connectify software to share the OpenVPN TAP adapter so I can access AirVPN as a hotspot with my wireless router...

The internet first comes out of the modem and into "Router A" (which has 8.8.8.8 (googles public DNS) as primary and for secondary its using 208.67.220.220 (openDNS Public DNS) set within the "Router A". The internet is then wired via Ethernet to my Windows 8 PC, which I'm using OpenVPN on to connect to AirVPN.  The Internet is then Shared to "Wireless Router B" using Connectify via a second Ethernet port. Then I can access the VPN from the 13 devices I have through the household. I don't have any leaks as of now when I test.  It only sees the Google and OpenDNS servers. 

I'm thinking, for "Router B's" DNS settings I can set them both primary and secondary to the internal AirVPN DNS address' since the only way the router can access the internet is when its connected to AirVPN anyways...

so in this case, I believe I would use both "85.17.207.151" & "212.117.180.25" for the DNS on "Router B", correct?

or would I use the "10.4.0.1" & "10.5.0.1" ? I was thinking that "10.4.0.1" & "10.5.0.1" would only be used for the TAP adapter settings, however Connectify is directing all the traffic directly to the TAP adapter anyways. 

In my case, what is a good DNS primary and secondary to use for my TAP adapter Settings, also for Router A and Router B?

What do you think?