Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.117.162
Sign in to follow this  
JaneJaneJane

Right address to bind to in Vuze?

Hi, trying to figure out the right address to bind to. Is it

eth6 (TAP-Windows Adapter V9)

eth6[0] fe80:0:0:0:3c07:22ef:6bfa:7ff0%21

eth6[1] 10.4.54.102

I also saw the following info in another post "The IP range from 10.4.0.0 to 10.9.255.255 is the whole IP range of the virtual private network". So should I put "eth6" or is there a way to enter the range?

Oh, and saying Vuze sucks, use uTorrent is only helpful feedback if you're willing to help me figure this out in uTorrent instead. :laugh:

Thanx!

Hi, trying to figure out the right address to bind to. Is it

eth6 (TAP-Windows Adapter V9)

eth6[0] fe80:0:0:0:3c07:22ef:6bfa:7ff0%21

eth6[1] 10.4.54.102

I also saw the following info in another post "The IP range from 10.4.0.0 to 10.9.255.255 is the whole IP range of the virtual private network". So should I put "eth6" or is there a way to enter the range?

Hello!

In your case, in Vuze specify eth6. Make sure that you tick "Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available [...]".

Oh, and saying Vuze sucks, use uTorrent is only helpful feedback if you're willing to help me figure this out in uTorrent instead. :laugh:

Thanx!

uTorrent has a bind-IP option, not a bind interface option. This is somehow impractical because your VPN IP address (i.e. the IP address DHCP-pushed by our servers to your TAP-Win32 tun/tap adapter) is dynamic, so you would need to change it each time you disconnect and re-connect to a server, or when you switch server.

In Comodo, you just need to define the following three Application Rules for utorrent.exe:

Allow IP In/Out From IP In [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

Allow IP In/Out From MAC Any To IP In [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] Where Protocol Is Any

Block IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

Kind regards