Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.116.159
Sign in to follow this  
krys109uk

Trouble getting started (connection fail)

Hello, I have just signed up. I am not tech savvy; I do not understand many of the terms used.

I have WindowsXP Pro operating system & have internet via a Verizon mobile USB card plugged into a wireless router.

I downloaded the AirVPN client using the link for WindowsXP/Vista 32Bit. Logged on just fine; selected a server & clicked connect....it failed. I tried a variety of other servers; all fail to connect. At one point I had two red screens on the right hand side of the task bar which said they were OpenVPN GUI. I don't know what that was about. As red screens usually mean not connected, I right clicked & 'quit' that then tried logging on again. The red screens did not come back but it still failed to connect.

Sorry, I really don't have a clue what I am doing. Please will someone help me to get this up & running?

Thanks

I subscribed today but cannot connect. I don't know much about computers. I downloaded fom the WindowsXP/Vista/7 32Bit option & followed the instructions but cannot connect to any server (I tried several). I got some errors from the OpenVPN installtion.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Hello, I have just signed up. I am not tech savvy; I do not understand many of the terms used.

I have WindowsXP Pro operating system & have internet via a Verizon mobile USB card plugged into a wireless router.

I downloaded the AirVPN client using the link for WindowsXP/Vista 32Bit. Logged on just fine; selected a server & clicked connect....it failed. I tried a variety of other servers; all fail to connect. At one point I had two red screens on the right hand side of the task bar which said they were OpenVPN GUI. I don't know what that was about. As red screens usually mean not connected, I right clicked & 'quit' that then tried logging on again. The red screens did not come back but it still failed to connect.

Sorry, I really don't have a clue what I am doing. Please will someone help me to get this up & running?

Thanks

Hello!

The dock icon with two small screens belongs to OpenVPN GUI (a graphical user interface for OpenVPN). If you use the Air client, let's just leave it apart for the moment, you don't need it because the Air client is just another OpenVPN graphical 'wrapper' with additional commodities for our service. Normally you can't use simultaneously OpenVPN GUI and the Air client.

In order to let us provide you proper support please do the following:

- make sure that the OpenVPN GUI is not running (if it is, right-click on its dock icon and select "Exit")

- run the Air client and start a connection just like you described in your message (log in, pick a server and click "Enter")

- after a couple of minutes, right-click on the Air dock icon (a white cloud on a blue sky if connected, a white cloud on a gray sky if disconnected) and select "Logs"

- a window will pop-up; you'll see at the bottom of the window the button "Copy to clipboard", click on it

- paste on the forum, so that we can see the logs which can provide precious hints for troubleshooting

Kind regards

Thank you.

While I as waiting for the message to post I uninstalled the OpenVPN then reinstalled from your webpage ignoring all warnings. A windows message popped up saying there was an error, but I tried logging on & connecting & it connected. The cloud is on a blue background & the bottom of this wepage says it is connected, so I assume all is fine.

Thank you & sorry to have troubled you.

Thank you.

While I as waiting for the message to post I uninstalled the OpenVPN then reinstalled from your webpage ignoring all warnings. A windows message popped up saying there was an error, but I tried logging on & connecting & it connected. The cloud is on a blue background & the bottom of this wepage says it is connected, so I assume all is fine.

Thank you & sorry to have troubled you.

Hello!

Thank you!

Yes, everything seems fine.

For additional security, after the VPN connection is established open your browser, browse to our web site and look at the central bottom box, it must be green and saying "Connected!". If it's red there's something wrong, in which case please send us the logs.

Kind regards