Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.20.101
Sign in to follow this  
retiredpilot

Add more than one line to hosts file?

Wow, I can't believe how easy it was to setup the Comodo rules to work with this service. It worked perfectly first time. No DNS leaks, plus the computer will NOT connect except through AirVPN. Nice!!

I was reading through a bunch of threads here and noticed that there was an issue on 1-1-13 with the servers. I am just trying to head off any issues so I thought I would ask this question:

Today I added the 85.17.207.151 airvpn.org line to my hosts file. Super easy to do. The system is working perfectly. Would it be harmful or helpful to add the other -- 212.117.180.25 airvpn.org line to my hosts file? I noticed that was used on a temporary basis to bring some customers up during your brief outage.

If I do in fact add two lines does the ORDER of the lines make any difference? Is the hosts file like Comodo in that an upper line takes priority, and if so I guess I'ld use 85.17.207.151 airvpn.org as my first choice.

Amazing service and help around here.

Hello!

Yes, it would be helpful. The hosts file is read from top to bottom, and if you have a domain name mapped to multiple IP addresses, Windows will always read the first IP address and ignore the second one. However, if the first IP fails, the second IP will be read and used. So if a frontend fails, you will be able access the other.

Actually, we will add this on the guide. :)

Kind regards