Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.93.0
zimbabwe

More tunneling options

Please add more tunneling options! Day by day censorship around the world becomes worse and worse, OpenVPN and Wireguard is already completely blocked in many countries because it is easily detectable using DPI. Since the mid 2010's people out there have been working very hard on much more censorship-resilient solutions rather than simple-to-detect SSH and SSL-wrapping. The days of the games of privacy are over, now VPNs are more and more used by the people around the world to break the information bubbles created by their oppressive governments.

Here are some examples of the new tunneling methods that you could add to your services:
https://github.com/erebe/wstunnel
https://github.com/cbeuw/Cloak
https://github.com/v2fly/v2ray-core
https://github.com/XTLS/Xray-core

I find it very hard to believe that OpenVPN and Wireguard are being restricted "in many countries". The opposite is true in the overwhelmingly vast majority of the world; please don't talk doom and gloom.

3 hours ago, zimbabwe said:

now VPNs are more and more used by the people around the world to break the information bubbles created by their oppressive governments.

You will find pretty much everyone else outside the privacy bubble not to care much. You should change your statement to include "in the privacy bubble".
And beware of overusing the word "censorship".

Regarding the protocols, it was suggested in the past, please use the search function first. Example:The gist is that support for any proxy protocol like Shadowsocks or V2ray will not see the light of day in the forseeable future in light of the availability of superior protocols like Tor.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Tor is slow for watching the blocked YouTube because it's free. We are at least paying for the services, but they are also slow because of DPI.

You know, it's sort of sad to think that you must fall into the darkness just because you are not belonging to the "overwhelming majority of the world". China, Russia, Belarus, Venezuela, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Turkey. Who's next? I know we are all the "third world" but we are people and want the information! If no one will lend us a hand from the greater world, where life is still okay, we won't ever make it out of the darkness.

Anyway I understand your position, no problem. Like Russians say "Сытый голодного не разумеет" ("the well-fed does never understand the hungry").

38 minutes ago, zimbabwe said:

Anyway I understand your position, no problem. Like Russians say "Сытый голодного не разумеет" ("the well-fed does never understand the hungry").

Last I read the current suite of protocols in use by AirVPN (specifically, tls-crypt or SSL tunnel if needed) allowed AirVPN to work even in the most restricted countries.  Have I misunderstood?

34 minutes ago, go558a83nk said:

Last I read the current suite of protocols in use by AirVPN (specifically, tls-crypt or SSL tunnel if needed) allowed AirVPN to work even in the most restricted countries.  Have I misunderstood?

I cannot speak for the rest of the "overboard" countries but from my own experience, in Russia the recently installed DPI boxes from Roskomnadzor called ТСПУ (TSPU) manage to completely block OpenVPN with tls-crypt 1.2, Wireguard and even partially Tor. I cannot connect via OpenVPN or Wireguard since the first days of May. According to the governmental reports by the end of July all the 100% of the Russian ISPs had the TSPU boxes installed. There is no direct access to YouTube in Russia since the 1st of August, but luckily for people there already was a ready-made DPI spoofing tool called GoodbyeDPI to circumvent it, so it was a very good try from the government but they failed. SSL and SSH tunneling of VPN still does work for me but the traffic speed is randomly throttled down to almost complete stall which is cured only by reconnect to another server.

As far as I know the worst situation is in Turkmenistan. Recently people from Turkey reported blocking of many sites in their country. You can read more on the current state of things at ntc.party.

Mr. Zimbabwe, I can in the same way say that there are tons of other VPN providers which might work better for you than AirVPN. I don't get you people who try to argue about the already accomplished fact that there will be no support coming for any proxy protocols in AirVPN, because AirVPN is not a proxy provider and never will be. Who are you trying to convince here?
The AirVPN team is an advocate for Tor. If Tor does not work for you, well, then so be it – maybe AirVPN is not the best fit for you then? Acknowledge that fact and move on, come on.

Now, we can help you with configuration of either OpenVPN or Wireguard, or any other protocol engulfing those VPN protocols, and try to help you with optimization. If you are willing to try it, please open a thread.

On 8/18/2024 at 7:53 PM, zimbabwe said:

Сытый голодного не разумеет

Не злись))

Okay, I'll give it one more try, may be it's all just a case of misunderstanding: from the beginning I didn't mean using xray, shadowsocks, etc. as direct proxies but only as the outer layer options for OpenVPN and Wireguard, in addition to the current options of SSL and SSH. Still no?

EDIT: Looked once again at my first message and I think it was obvious. So it's obviously "no". For some reason Tor will help anyone in the world, although its exit nodes has zero monetization, in contrast to VPN services.

5 hours ago, zimbabwe said:

Okay, I'll give it one more try, may be it's all just a case of misunderstanding: from the beginning I didn't mean using xray, shadowsocks, etc. as direct proxies but only as the outer layer options for OpenVPN and Wireguard, in addition to the current options of SSL and SSH. Still no?

I've done a bit of research and it seems possible to do both, at least technically. Now we just need to talk about the merits of offering it. What I can definitely say is that it's not going to be a high priority thing right now.