Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.96.247
Sign in to follow this  
bumblebee

Flagged RED - Not Connected

My client (utorrent) is not receiving incoming connections. Even with firewall turned off.

Am unable to seed.

At the bottom of the AirVPN page the middle balloon is red and states Not Connected.

Have tried forwarding a number of ports but get tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out.

Have had this problem a few days. Read as much as I can but still can't solve this issue.

I think I need some advice now. https://airvpn.org/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/dizzy.png

My client (utorrent) is not receiving incoming connections. Even with firewall turned off.

Am unable to seed.

At the bottom of the AirVPN page the middle balloon is red and states Not Connected.

Have tried forwarding a number of ports but get tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out.

Have had this problem a few days. Read as much as I can but still can't solve this issue.

I think I need some advice now. https://airvpn.org/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/dizzy.png

Hello!

Did you already follow the instructions here:

https://airvpn.org/faq#p2p

If so, please also make sure that uTorrent UPnP and random port at each start are unticked. Please verify that uTorrent listens to the correct port.

Kind regards

Am unable to seed.

Hello!

Did you already follow the instructions here:

https://airvpn.org/p2p#faq

If so, please also make sure that uTorrent UPnP and random port at each start are unticked. Please verify that uTorrent listens to the correct port.

Kind regards

Thank you for your reply.

When I try to follow your link I get ERROR 404 page not found.

I've followed your uTorrent advice and things are the same.

One thing has changed though. I opened AirVPN in a different browser (not the tor browser) and the middle balloon is now green.

But I would prefer to use the tor browser when browsing AirVPN.

I should give you more details of my setup.

I'm using Win 7 Ult x64 on VMware.

Kind regards

Hello!

Sorry, the correct link is:

https://airvpn.org/faq#p2p

If you use the TOR browser you will be visible on the Internet with the TOR exit-node IP address, not with the VPN server exit-IP address, so it's just fine that you get a red box

Kind regards

I've changed my Protocol to UDP, generated a new port and I seem to be seeding again.

But in the bottom right hand corner my client is still showing as Red - Not Connectable.

Is this normal?

Kind regards

I've changed my Protocol to UDP, generated a new port and I seem to be seeding again.

But in the bottom right hand corner my client is still showing as Red - Not Connectable.

Is this normal?

Kind regards

Hello!

No, uTorrent should show a green token.

Kind regards

So why is it showing red?

Kind regards

Hello!

Probably the client is not listening to the same remotely forwarded port. On our side we checked that the ports are correctly forwarded and that the packets are forwarded properly, and we confirm you that it's all right for your account in the server it is currently connected to.

[EDIT]

Please note that one of your ports is forwarded only "in UDP", while the other only "in TCP". If you use one of them for uTorrent, you might like to set it to "TCP/UDP", since uTorrent, as far as this admin knows, uses both protocols for the check and the display of the token.

Kind regards

Ok, I've gone back to "TCP/UDP" and, as I had before, got the client listening to the correct port, but my client is still "not connectable"

I also tried the client through my normal connection and it came up green.

Went back to AirVPN and it's red again.

Every time I try a different port I get

"Not reachable on server IP over the external port *****, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out."

Am I supposed to keep trying until I get one that works?

Kind regards

Ok, I've gone back to "TCP/UDP" and, as I had before, got the client listening to the correct port, but my client is still "not connectable"

Hello!

Please make sure that no antivirus or firewall is blocking it or incoming connections to it. Also programs like PeerGuardian and PeerBlock can block it if you use a blocklist which includes Air servers IP addresses.

Kind regards

Apologies for absence but life has been happening the last few days.

I think my problem's been the Windows Firewall.

I had followed practicalrambler's instructions to block my isp and think that may have caused my issues.

So I've now installed Comodo but am stuck setting it up.

I'm following the detailed post of itsmeprivately but am having trouble with:

4) Define the Network Zone of your TAP-Win32 network adapter (let's call it "AirVPN"). A safe way to broadly define it is to use IPv4 Address Range

[10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255]. You can do this by simply redefining your "Home #2" network zone, for example.

Not sure how to redefine my Home #2" network zone.

Kind regards

Apologies for absence but life has been happening the last few days.

I think my problem's been the Windows Firewall.

I had followed practicalrambler's instructions to block my isp and think that may have caused my issues.

So I've now installed Comodo but am stuck setting it up.

I'm following the detailed post of itsmeprivately but am having trouble with:

4) Define the Network Zone of your TAP-Win32 network adapter (let's call it "AirVPN"). A safe way to broadly define it is to use IPv4 Address Range

[10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255]. You can do this by simply redefining your "Home #2" network zone, for example.

Not sure how to redefine my Home #2" network zone.

Kind regards

Hello!

You should create a network zone with name "AirVPN" (or any name you like) with IP range from 10.4.0.0 to 10.9.255.255.

A simple guide to create and edit network zones:

http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-155-1096-Network-Zones.html

Kind regards

Hi

I've completed configuring Comodo but have a problem.

When I define a global rule to block everything and set it to "in/out" I lose my connection.

When I set it to "in" everything's fine except uTorrent carries on when Air is stopped.

Kind regards

Hi

I've completed configuring Comodo but have a problem.

When I define a global rule to block everything and set it to "in/out" I lose my connection.

When I set it to "in" everything's fine except uTorrent carries on when Air is stopped.

Kind regards

Hello!

Can you please send us a screenshot of your global rules and network zones?

Kind regards

Hello!

Please add the missing allow rules for the VPN servers you wish to connect to:

Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From MAC Any To IP 62.212.85.65 Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is Any

Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From MAC Any To IP 95.211.149.200 Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is Any

etc. etc.

You have defined an incomplete set of rules for that.

Additionally, please modify the block rule to:

Block And Log IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

Furthermore, please correct your [Home #1] Network Zone. Please define it as IP range [192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255] or equivalently IP/Netmask [192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0]

Kind regards

Hi

I did as you said bit when I set the block rule to:

Block And Log IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

I still lose my connection.

Here are the screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kind regards

Hello!

If you mean that you lose connection when you're not connected to the VPN then it's just fine, it's the purpose of the rules. If you mean that you can't connect to the VPN servers listed in the allow rules, please send us your Comodo firewall event logs.

Kind regards