Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.100.38

When I try to request common ports for forwarding like 8080 or 25565 the request fails with the message 'The requested port is not available'.
I assume these ports are reserved by other users, but I have 2 questions:
1. Do different servers have separate ports, i.e. can as many users reserve a specific port as there are servers?
2. Will these ports become accessible to request if AirVPN will acquire more servers?

On 6/28/2024 at 10:27 PM, nattraversal said:

1. Do different servers have separate ports, i.e. can as many users reserve a specific port as there are servers?

A forwarded port is forwarded on all servers, and every user can forward up to 5 ports.

On 6/28/2024 at 10:27 PM, nattraversal said:

2. Will these ports become accessible to request if AirVPN will acquire more servers?

See 1. I'm not sure if AirVPN does regular sweeps of the port range, i.e. reverse the port forwarding for accounts without a subscription. But you can be sure that 8080 will be a port you'll rarely be able to forward. And 25565 as the default dediserver port for Minecraft will be difficult, too.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

56 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

A forwarded port is forwarded on all servers, and every user can forward up to 20 ports.

Hello!

Just to avoid potential confusion, the limit is 5 ports per account. Only accounts registered with the earlier contractual agreements can still enjoy 20 ports, i.e. the change enforced on June 2023 is not retro-active:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/56405-port-forwarding-availability-change/

We are finalizing a deep infrastructure change, started more than 6 months ago, which will avoid port exhaustion for many years (we guess for the whole company lifetime) and which will allow us to offer more inbound forwarded ports per account (if needed) at a fair price. The change will not rely on "regional" or "server group" ports, so the comfort of the current system will remain.

Kind regards

Thanks for the answers.
I have bought a custom domain and I am looking for a way to serve a website from behind AirVPN on this domain.
Is there any way in which I can redirect my domain to a specific port, so I won't need to type in ':port' after the website address?
I found that there are SRV Records, which can be used in this way for the Minecraft protocol, but they don't seem to work for websites.

15 hours ago, nattraversal said:

Is there any way in which I can redirect my domain to a specific port, so I won't need to type in ':port' after the website address?
I found that there are SRV Records, which can be used in this way for the Minecraft protocol, but they don't seem to work for websites.

Hello!

We're sorry, AirVPN DDNS does not support SRV records. You may find SRV supported in third party DDNS, such as no-ip with the Pro DNS plan.

Kind regards

On 6/29/2024 at 11:23 AM, Staff said:

Just to avoid potential confusion, the limit is 5 ports per account. Only accounts registered with the earlier contractual agreements can still enjoy 20 ports, i.e. the change enforced on June 2023 is not retro-active:

Oh right, forgot about that. Thanks for the heads-up!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.