Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.53.175
hedgehoq

Eddie alternatives for Linux (with AirVPN configs)

I hope this doesn't break any rules, please let me know if it does (that's why I posted here)

I'm not looking for AirVPN alternatives - more than happy with my 3 years with Air!

Unfortunately though, Eddie doesn't work properly on my linux distro (ZorinOS), which I've customized quite a bit. So I'm looking for other clients that I can use AirVPN's servers on, that will hopefully work better. Any recommendations?

No gui; cli only. There are foss apps in the software store but they also don't work as well either.

Really I'm looking for something that looks like Ed, works like Ed... but isn't Ed.

20 hours ago, hedgehoq said:

Really I'm looking for something that looks like Ed, works like Ed... but isn't Ed.

No such software exists as of today. The only official GUI client is Eddie, the closest to something official would be the Suite, as Mr. montrocity pointed out above.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

10 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

No such software exists as of today. The only official GUI client is Eddie, the closest to something official would be the Suite, as Mr. montrocity pointed out above.

That's unfortunate :( thanks for your help. I'll edit this if I find anything on my journey, for future users.

17 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

The only official GUI client is Eddie, the closest to something official would be the Suite, as Mr. montrocity pointed out above.

Hello!

The AirVPN Suite is not "close" to official software, it is indeed official software for Linux by AirVPN. It is the only official software by AirVPN capable to run also on Linux distributions not based on systemd.

Kind regards

Maybe my wording was off, but I mean it like, if the requirement is something official, then the closest software to that requirement would be the Suite. All in how you read it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.