Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.31.240
Sign in to follow this  
overmorrow

Portable and appimage eddie versions for Linux have dependency issues

Even though the point of these versions is to be able to run the program without worrying about dependencies, I get the following error when running them on an x86_64 Gentoo system:

Error loading shared library: /tmp/mono-bundle-K88RyP/libmono-native.so libgssapi_krb5.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The string following mono-bundle- (in the abobe example K88RyP) seems to be different every time, but I can't really figure out what it's doing or why it would even try to look for a library under /tmp to begin with. I can only assume that something is going wrong in the packaging phase, and some crucial library that should be built in is omitted? This happened with version 2.21.8 - I haven't really tested earlier versions on this system.

8 minutes ago, Staff said:

Developer will be alerted, in the meantime can you please test whether or not the same happens with the Eddie 2.24 portable package? Please see here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/57401-eddie-desktop-224-beta-released/

If it does, you may try the AppImage as a momentary workaround.

Tested. The portable and AppImage versions of 2.24.2 both have the same issue.

@overmorrow

Hello!

Do you have the package mono-runtime-common available for your system? If so, try to install it and test whether the problem gets solved. Of course a portable program should not require external installations, but at the moment that's a workaround for a "quick and dirty" patch.

Kind regards