Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.175.182
Sign in to follow this  
matzgo

ANSWERED Exception: nft issue - Error

Hi,
I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon and for years happy user of AirVPN/Eddie.
I am still able to connect but can't disconnect or open the main window (although sometimes it does open, hence my ability to show below log).
For a few months now, the following error shows in the tray icon dialog:
Exception: nft issue: exit:1; out:; err:Error: syntax error, unexpected rule, expecting string.
Not sure if the log always shows the same (as mentioned, I can't open it very often) but I've attached one here.
I am using Eddie 2.19.7 as this seems the only version which at least creates a connection. I've tried installation of older and all the newer versions but none are able to connect.
Any ideas?  Thanks!

Screenshot from 2024-04-13 07-47-24.png

Hello!

You might be running an nft version that supported a different syntax, or this was a peculiar error in Eddie 2.19.7. Please try to rename the "nft" utility as a momentary workaround. Eddie should fall back to iptables-legacy (if we're not mistaken that's supported in your system) and the problem should be resolved. From your description we also infer that you can't run Eddie 2.24 beta testing version in your system; if that's correct, feel free (if you haven't already done so) to warn the developers in this thread:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/57401-eddie-desktop-224-beta-released/

Kind regards