Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.96.146

I have setup a wireguard vpn through opnsense with port forwarding that works almost perfectly. Most site load relatively quickly but a few sites timeout including ddg and Github. I've tried using public dns in addition to my local pihole but the same result. Using dig on cli I get a IPv4 address no problem. Using the airvpn app to connect to the same server, these websites load. Looking at ipleak.net, the only difference between going through my router vs the app is that IPv6 is disabled on the router. But I used mullvad wireguard in this way with no IPv6 and it loads all websites. I'm lost what could be the problem.

Hello!

A common cause of the problem you experience is an MTU too large for your network. Try a 1280 bytes MTU and check whether the problem disappears or not. You need the following option in the [Interface] section of your WireGuard configuration file:

MTU = 1280

Kind regards

I've tried that and unfortunately it didn't make a difference. I attached my VPN settings. I followed this guide on the forum.

VPN Interface.png

VPN Peer.png

@Slot9407

Hello!

Do you have access to AirVPN servers? We ask because "Slot9407" account plan expired before you posted your message. Maybe you're using a different account?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

I tested everything while this account was still active. The post was made later. As I wrote in the first post, most websites worked, and iplink showed that that I was connected to an AirVPN server, so the account must have been valid. I would like to continue using this VPN but I must find a solution to this issue so I can switch over.

Edited ... by Slot9407