Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.187.178

Today I wanted to download something using qBittorrent and I realized that it showed a warning concerning direct connections. This usually means that port forwarding is not working. I went on airvpn.org and tested the status of my forwarded port 51864 (Test open) and the result was a time out. What could be the reason for this? How do I fix it?

By the way I've already tried forwarding another port. The result is the same, connection timed out.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 205018.png

I have the same issue and have been having it for a couple weeks now. My work around is to reboot docker VPN instance, that seems to force a reset of airvpn which fixes it, but I have to reboot it once a day to get it to work. No idea how to fix it.

@Penthious

Hello!

It looks like a problem related to Docker (check configuration) since it disappears when the Docker is re-started. Please note that @altae did not mention Docker, and did not mention that the problem disappears after a reboot, therefore you two should have different problems. Please avoid to hijack threads and feel free to open your own.

@altae

Please re-check qBittorrent configuration, and in particular make sure that:
  • you start qBittorrent after the VPN connection has been already established
  • the "Tools" > "Preferences" > "Advanced" > "Network interface" combo box is set to the proper VPN interface (if you run WireGuard consider that the interface name changes according to the WireGuard configuration file name)
  • the "Tools" > "Preferences" > "Advanced" > "Optional IP address to bind to" is set to "All IPv4 addresses" (if you set it to "All addresses" you might have some problem on specific versions)
Kind regards

I'm using the Linux client on EndeavourOS. QBittorrent ist configured correctly and started after the VPN connection has been established. I checked the configuration and changed the settings accordingly. But this has not fixed the problem. What's more I highly doubt the qBittorrent configuration is the culprit here since the check of the port forwarding on your website times out not matter what port I choose.

By the way thanks for looking into it.

@altae

Hello!

When you were connected we verified that the packets are properly forwarded to your node. For what it's worth now you are 100% sure that the server side is properly configured. As an additional test we forced packets to your node address on a wide range of high ports (port scan in TCP and UDP) and they were all filtered. On your side please re-check the firewall rules. Please check when the system is connected to the VPN just in case you run some firewall which changes rule set according to the type of the network the system is connected to.

Kind regards

All of a sudden it works again. Must have been a temporary issue. Thanks again for your efforts.