Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.142.128
katzmeow

ANSWERED Locked out of internet use when VPN is off

I don't have Network Lock enabled yet I am still unable to use *any* internet (wifi, wifi, or ethernet) unless I have the VPN. This is a problem for those rare times I need to have it turned off and use the internet. This is effectively broken part of my workflow. Please help.

Hello!

Chances are that your system DNS settings are incorrect. Please check and make sure that, while Eddie or any VPN program is not running, the system can use publicly available DNS servers. We recommend Quad9 (9.9.9.9) and OpenNIC for their commitment to privacy and neutrality.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

I've reviewed both of those sites but they are definitely outside my comfort range -- is there an easier way to understand this?

Edited ... by katzmeow

1 hour ago, katzmeow said:

I've reviewed both of those sites but they are definitely outside my comfort range -- is there an easier way to understand this?

Hello!

How to change DNS settings in Windows: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10
How to change DNS settings in macOS: https://serverguy.com/kb/change-dns-server-settings-mac-os/

For more articles just search the web for "how to change dns settings in <your own OS>".

Kind regards

I have the same problem, even my network lock is off and even i disable eddie my internet connection is still locked. I am on Linux and on 2.24.2 (on 2.22.2 was ok)

12 minutes ago, vv52 said:

I have the same problem, even my network lock is off and even i disable eddie my internet connection is still locked. I am on Linux and on 2.24.2 (on 2.22.2 was ok)

Hello!

Have you checked your DNS settings as recommended? If not please do it and report at your convenience. What is your Linux distribution?

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Have you checked your DNS settings as recommended? If not please do it and report at your convenience. What is your Linux distribution?

Kind regards
Yes i did check the DNS and my dist is Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS but i can also see in dev topic that this problem is also mentioned so i guess it's something bigger.

On 3/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, vv52 said:

Yes i did check the DNS and my dist is Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

Hello!

So, what did you find? Had Eddie restored the system DNS settings properly or not?

On 3/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, vv52 said:

t i can also see in dev topic that this problem is also mentioned so i guess it's something bigger. 

Yes, and the kind Pop!_OS tester had all of his problems resolved with 2.24.2 so it's worth that you mention this problem in that thread too. System report generated by Eddie and the answer to our questions may help remarkably. Thank you for your tests!

Kind regards

I have updated all the settings based on those links you provided, but now my AirVPN just cycles over and over, it won't authorize. I can't even use it now, I feel like I'm missing out.

2 hours ago, katzmeow said:

I have updated all the settings based on those links you provided, but now my AirVPN just cycles over and over, it won't authorize. I can't even use it now, I feel like I'm missing out.

Hello!

It could be a different problem now. Please see here: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/58289-openvpn-certificate-has-expired/?do=findComment&comment=231319

Kind regards