Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.171.235

So, my dad and I went halvsies on a two year sub to Airvpn, and after a little finagling I was able to use it on my PC. But, no matter what I do I cannot get Airvpn to recognize his computer as separate from mine. When I go to the devices area of the website and try then connect to the VPN on my computer it then says that my device is connected, which is to be expected, that's great. But whenever I go to my dad's PC and connect to the vpn, then I go to the client area of the website to check my devices, it still says that my pc is the one connected to the VPN and not his. It does this even when I have both computers connected to the vpn at the same time.

Is there an obvious solution to this that I'm just not seeing?

12 hours ago, Jstatt said:

So, my dad and I went halvsies on a two year sub to Airvpn, and after a little finagling I was able to use it on my PC. But, no matter what I do I cannot get Airvpn to recognize his computer as separate from mine. When I go to the devices area of the website and try then connect to the VPN on my computer it then says that my device is connected, which is to be expected, that's great. But whenever I go to my dad's PC and connect to the vpn, then I go to the client area of the website to check my devices, it still says that my pc is the one connected to the VPN and not his. It does this even when I have both computers connected to the vpn at the same time.

Hello!

Before trying anything else, can you please make sure that your father's PC is really connected to the VPN? Please verify by browsing https://ipleak.net : the web site should show that the system is connected to some AirVPN servers and it should mention which server it is. For these preliminary tests please make sure to connect each device to a different VPN server: multiple connections to the same server with the same key may cause conflicts.

In the future you can resolve the above problem (if you need to connect multiple devices to the same VPN server from the same account) by using unique key on each device, as AirVPN allows a thorough and flexible management of your account keys, please see here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/26209-how-to-manage-client-certificatekey-pairs/

Kind regards

On 1/21/2024 at 12:52 PM, Jstatt said:

It possibly could be because you never made a separate "key" for your dad's computer?? Try logging in, going to "Client Area", "VPN Devices - Manage", "Add New Device". A box should come up in a few seconds. Name it whatever you want. "Dad" for instance. "Save" if necessary (I forget). Go to your dad's computer. Exit and restart Eddie. On the "Connect to Server", note a drop down box below it. It should show "Dad". If so, just connect to a server and see if that works. I'n certainly no expert and just doing the steps partly by memory, so if I messed up, someone will probably jump in and help you further.

13 hours ago, madrat said:
On 1/21/2024 at 12:52 PM, Jstatt said:

It possibly could be because you never made a separate "key" for your dad's computer?? Try logging in, going to "Client Area", "VPN Devices - Manage", "Add New Device". A box should come up in a few seconds. Name it whatever you want. "Dad" for instance. "Save" if necessary (I forget). Go to your dad's computer. Exit and restart Eddie. On the "Connect to Server", note a drop down box below it. It should show "Dad". If so, just connect to a server and see if that works. I'n certainly no expert and just doing the steps partly by memory, so if I messed up, someone will probably jump in and help you further.
Just a further thought. I had to log out and log back in before it would work.