Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.156.80
Sign in to follow this  
Qman3

ANSWERED Torrent downloads all drop to zero after a few minutes

Posted ... (edited)

While torrenting with Qbittorent Enhanced on windows 10 down speeds will be remain under 2 mib/s but after a few minutes speeds drop to zero, torrents stall, and won't go back up.  I've tried ssl and all the different protocols and nothing works, my router, spectrum given, doesn't have ddos protection and the smart security option is off, and I've tried torrenting with another VPN and it works fine, I've successfully port forwarded qbit, my down speeds are around 200 with VPN on and above 500 with it off, I've tried turning just TCP on in qbit, I'm far from an expert so I'm sorry if this wastes your time, thanks in advance for help

Edited ... by Qman3

Hey. I'm having the same problems since this morning. I tried a variety of different servers based in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belgium etc. but they all give me the same results.

There seems to be a general problem with Torrent downloads atm.

Just a heads up, I believe I have found the cause: I deinstalled Malwarebytes.

Tried multiple things such as switching protocol, limiting connections etc. I have basically checked all the settings again and since it worked in the past looked for another troublemaker.

As soon as I uninstalled Malwarebytes everything went back to normal. Connection is not tanking anymore. I had qbittorrent set as an exception in Malwarebytes and somehow it still interfered.

11 hours ago, 19greenguy88 said:

Tried multiple things such as switching protocol, limiting connections etc. I have basically checked all the settings again and since it worked in the past looked for another troublemaker.

As soon as I uninstalled Malwarebytes everything went back to normal. Connection is not tanking anymore. I had qbittorrent set as an exception in Malwarebytes and somehow it still interfered.

I have no antivirus installed and I have windows defender turned off

13 hours ago, Qman3 said:
On 1/14/2024 at 9:30 AM, 19greenguy88 said:

I have no antivirus installed and I have windows defender turned off

Hello!

Please also make sure that the torrent program binds to the tun interface (if a bind option is available) and that uTP or any other equivalent traffic shaping option is disabled. UPnP and NAT-PMP must be disabled too, while DHT must be enabled.

Kind regards

On 1/15/2024 at 3:59 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

Please also make sure that the torrent program binds to the tun interface (if a bind option is available) and that uTP or any other equivalent traffic shaping option is disabled. UPnP and NAT-PMP must be disabled too, while DHT must be enabled.

Kind regards

Thank you very much, I already had it binded but turning off uTP worked, thank you very much!