Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.141.228
shortfacedbear

How to correctly use the "routes" tab to only route the torrent client through Eddie?

Hi, I would like to set up split-tunneling by using the "routes" tab within the Eddie client (Windows). I want all traffic to be sent outside of the tunnel, except for my torrent client qBittorrent like it is described in this forum post. Unfortunately, the comment by the staff member did not include an explanation with steps how to do this exactly. I want to be sure that I am doing it correctly, so just guessing or trial and error is not an option, as I am worried about exposing my IP address if I do not set it up correctly. I was not able to find an explanation for this as all the other forum posts that I found only explained how to do it with using external software and not the Eddie client. My knowledge about networking is somewhat limited.

So how exactly do I either exclude all traffic except from the tunnel except for the one specified? And how do I know which IP addresses I need to include for qBittorrent? are there multiple or just one? If someone knows how to see which one(s) it is in the "execution log" within qBittorrent please let me know.

Adding these details in case they make a difference:
I have port forwarding set up and use wireguard as a protocol and I have the Web-UI enabled to use with Prowlarr. I don't know if I am using IPv4 and/or IPv6.

In short: This is not possible at the moment. Please refer to the thread you linked to; it's the only solution.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@shortfacedbear

Hello!

While Eddie Windows edition does not feature traffic splitting on an application basis (i.e. the feature you would need) WireSock for Windows has emerged in the last months as a practical and efficient solution even for your needs. https://www.wiresock.net/

On Windows, WireSock allows per app traffic splitting, per app reverse traffic splitting, per IP address destination traffic splitting, and hybrid traffic splitting with an extremely simple configuration file. According to the new reports we received from some of our Windows customers, it is probably a good solution which will save you from virtualization and from any solution requiring a fairly decent system and networking competence. According to those same reports, WireSock is fully compatible with AirVPN but unfortunately it is not open source software as far as we can see.

Kind regards