Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.200.197
Sign in to follow this  
Justcord99

ANSWERED Help with port forwarding

Hi im trying to setup portforwarding for remote access to server and im newbie so i dont understand when i select test open it gives 4 layers and layer 1 and 3 are saying "connection refused (111)"

Hello!

For the readers, we paste here the reply by the support team. Thank you for having opened a ticket on top of your message in the community forum.

Kind regards
---

Hello and thank you for your choice!

Error 111 means that the packet reached your system and it was "actively rejected", i.e. the connection was reset. That's why the packet sender can claim that the connection was "refused".

The two main causes of the problem are:
1) a packet filtering tool rejecting the packets (instead of dropping them with no reply or active reset, which would cause error 110).
Please check the firewall running in the same machine where the listening service also runs and make sure that it does not block incoming packets.

2) the OS is configured to reset incoming connections to a non-existing port. A port (an end point ID for processes) does not exist when it is not createdt for some process. In other words, if no program is "listening to the correct port", and the system is configured to reset connections to ports which don't exist, you will get error 111 - Connection refused. Please make sure that the listening program:
- is really running
- is listening to the correct port of the correct interface
- does not bind to the physical network interface (just in case it offers the option to bind to a specific interface) because the packets will reach it through the virtual network interface, and not the physical one
- has been launched after the connection to the VPN has been already and successfully established
- has the option of UPnP disabled (this option would cause a bind to the physical network interface, if UPnP is supported by the upstream/router)

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team

Hi I made sure my firewall is off and added new inbound rule to allow my port but still no success. It only shows connection refused (111) on TCP not UDP does that mean it works on UDP?

Screenshot 2023-12-28 170312.png

I have set up port forwarding and checked it using the "test open" and canyouseeme.org and it worked perfectly and i have disabled firewall and created inbound/outbound rules for the port however when I run the RAT client program it doesn't connect to the server on my PC but when i run it without vpn it works