Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.59.231

Hello,
more and more sites block me when I try to connect via VPN (Belgium or Netherlands)
- Belgium govenment identification
- Belgium banks (ING, Belfius), When I connect via AirVpn my account gets blocked because an 'unsafe connection" while I'm using a vpn for extra safety 🙂
- Duolingo often refuses my connection
- Google search asks me every day to confirm I'm human, every day I need to indicate cars, bridges, bicycles
- french tv-replay site MyTF1.fr
- other sites give me an 'connection blocked' (sometimes 'by administrator' or 'for security reasons'

I'm using AirVPN for safety and privacy reasons but the VPN-connections get more and more blocked.
For a very long time everything was fine but last months the situation gets worse and worse, I have to dis- and reconnect a lot every day.
Can this be solved please?

@evelynne

Hello!

Please open a ticket and list the blocked URLs and the VPN servers you experience the problem from, with the exception of banks, e-commerce sites, government institutional sites, and sites streaming copyrighted content. These sites block any connection coming from a shared IP address or from non-residential IP addresses by policy. For banks, government identification sites and e-commerce sites it's an attempt to mitigate frauds, attacks or scams, with the idea that frauds and attacks could be more likely on connections coming from VPN, Tor, anonymous proxy etc. For providers of copyrighted content it's an almost-mandatory policy because when a connection is behind a VPN or Tor, then the originating country is dubious, however due to granular country licensing of content to maximize profit, that can not be tolerated by copyright holders.

Another reason of blocking is the fact that VPN usage harms any business based on personal data harvesting and reselling as well as detailed profiling. This is a typical case for social networks. Many of them by ToS forbid you from connecting from VPN or behind any anonymous layer, but there are many other sites basing their business on personal data and profiling, therefore a VPN (or Tor) is a threat to their own business and they try to discourage usage. In several cases you must make a choice between access and privacy as some services will do all they can to convince you to connect renouncing to your privacy.  This is not the case for some service, e.g. your bank or your government services based on your identity, which already know your personal data and/or your identity obviously.

For the readers, many years ago @LZ1 wrote this article, which we remind everyone to read:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/18555-is-a-website-blocked-then-check-this-guide-first-feedback-appreciated/

Kind regards

Your browser may be the trouble.

Cookies are your enemy and should be removed daily, or even per session.

A good start would be to install 2 extensions in order to control whats loading when visiting sites.

Cookies combined with scripts running in full work to track and build analytics for the very filter systems you are having trouble with.

When you combined this (cookies and scripts) with your default “User Agent” values/settings – your internet use and browser become unique and very traceable.

Exactly what you don’t want.

Extensions to install

1: Noscripts

2:UserAgent Switcher 0.5.0

https://add0n.com/useragent-switcher.html

Unfortunately when it comes to goolge and capatcha you may still have to deal with it some of the time but not always.

Once you have installed and configured the above extensions see if they are working by visiting an AirVPN sponsored “Check” site.

Ipleak.net

https://ipleak.net

Once the check is complete you will see a bunch of information pertaining to you connection. (Very Useful)

* Look for the section that reads “Detected information” and “System information”

The changes you have made under UserAgent Switcher should reflect here.

What this dose is limit what java scripts are loading and how the website interprets you as a device.

This makes your browser appear different; with a different OS if needed, and tends to help when having to bypass these filters - and just use the internet already!

Do not be fooled by the ubiquitous LIE of private browsers with no telemetry.

They do not exist. --- > Only U can Bl0ckur Br0w$eR.

Also be sure to test out other protocols/ports and different servers if you have not already to see if this helps lower your need to reconnect as much.

Another thing that could help is to use an alterantive DNS server.